OM&M - Alan Ashby

Baby Crib

Y/N

"I can't do this anymore y/n, enough is enough! Maybe this isn't just meant to be!"

Alan throws down the screwdriver in pure frustration and anger while you stand in the open doorway rubbing your six-month baby bump watching your husband Alan try and fail to put up a baby crib.

"You can't give up Alan."

Alan looks up from where he was sat on the floor surrounded by pieces of the unfinished crib and way too many screws, "why not?"

You tilt your head and continue to rub your belly, "because I know you, and you don't give up babe."

He gets up off the floor and shuffles over to you before opening his arms and motioning for you to close the gap and hug him.

"I love you so much y/n, and you're carrying our baby. I will put this crib up if it kills me."

You hug your adorable ginger, "please don't let the crib kill you, this baby needs both his parents. Just follow the instructions word for word and I think the crib will get put up in no time."

Alan laughs loudly, "just as long as you promise not to film any of this, the guys won't let me live this down y/n."

He brings his hands down to rest on the baby bump and you lean forwards pecking him on the lips, happy for the day he came into your life even if it was by accident. You were browsing some music store looking for something good to listen when you found a CD except you weren't the only person reaching for it and that's where you met Alan. He even let you have the CD.

"I promise, now get back down there and build us that crib, we only have three months until he comes along and needs a place to sleep."

Alan mock salutes and gets back down on his hands and knees, "then I shall make our baby boy a safe place to sleep."

You chuckle under your breath as immediately Alan starts to get frustrated again. You did offer to help him yesterday, but he insisted that being six months pregnant you shouldn't be doing any hard work. Next time you were paying someone to put up the baby furniture.