BVB - Jake

JAKE

'For the love of god, I give up,' y/n curses loudly from the kitchen.

I paused the TV and decided to see what was going on with them. Last time I checked y/n was making cupcakes for their neices birthday to make up for missing their party last year due to touring. y/n's sister said they were losing touch with their family due to travelling and joining Black Veil Brides and the guilt trip had done a number on y/n since we came back the other week.

They were staying with Cory and me until they could find their own place, and just like on tour was interesting to have around a home, but Cory adored them so I simply had to let in the crazy and embrace it.

I enter the kitchen and see twenty-four cupcakes cooling, half vanilla half chocolate so that couldn't be the problem facing y/n.

'Is everything ok in here y/n?' I ask, making my way around the island in the middle of the room.

y/n turns to face me pouting and holding a bowl of green frosting, 'how the hell can something so simple be so difficult Jake?'

'The icing looks fine to me,' I answer, not quite sure what they wanted me to say.

y/n shakes their head, 'My niece wanted Frozen-themed cupcakes, now does this look like blue frosting to you Jake?'

I smirk and raise my hands in mock surrender, 'No it doesn't. What happened?'

'The shop must have labelled the blue colouring green,' y/n moans, 'my sister will be here in a bit to pick them up and I don't need any more judging.'

I was convinced the shop wasn't wrong but y/n was. They could be a little scatterbrained and easily distracted when multitasking. I find the space with the ingredients set up and pick up the food colouring labelled green and it was actually green in the bottle. Next to the green was red and blue colouring so I shake my head, thankful y/n hadn't chosen the red one.

'Actually, I'm pretty sure you're just an idiot y/n,' I joke, 'in your rush you picked up green instead of blue as they were near each other.'

y/n's eyes widen seeing the blue bottle in my hand, 'oh my god!'

'Let's start a new batch of frosting y/n and this time I'll supervise,' I say, trying to sound serious but failing, 'let's put the other colourings aside and make sure we're only using the colour blue.'

y/n sticks their tongue out at me, 'I don't need that much supervision, Jake.'

I bite my lip to stop myself from saying something sarcastic but made a mental note to never leave y/n alone in the kitchen again. The guys would also hear about this later and y/n would try and most likely fail to kill me in my sleep or something. But now we had less than an hour to frost and decorate some birthday cupcakes.