Chapter Sixteen

What happened?

Sunny's POV

For the first time in forever, I woke up to the smell of warm pancakes coming from the kitchen. I smiled in my sleep before opening my eyes. I felt the emptiness in my bed so I thought it was maybe Taehyung. I slowly sat up on my bed and looked down at my shirt, assuming the blood from the girl was still there. However, it wasn't. I stared at my shirt confused, is Taehyung really here then? He would be the only one calm enough to change my shirt without freaking out and waking me up, so it had to be him. 

The visions of me killing that girl flooded my head. The guilt was getting hard to handle, I just wanted it to stop. I know I shouldn't of killed her, I shouldn't of went to the woods either. I wonder what her friend on the phone is thinking of, or even her parents, she also had a life and I took it from her. She did nothing but try to help...The guilt turned into tears as I rap my arms around myself for comfort. 

"I'll get through this," I remind myself before wiping off the tears and getting out of bed. I walk towards my door and down the stairs. As I guessed, Taehyung was putting the fresh made pancakes onto the only plate that was out. I smiled softy as I walk up to him, "Hi.." I whisper not having too much energy from the day before. He sets the pan down and wraps his arms around my shoulder pulling me into a comforting hug and quietly speaks.

"Hi," he places his cheek on my head not letting go of me," How did you sleep?" He asks concerned.

"I slept okay," I pulled away from the hug looking up at him,"Where did you sleep?" I asked concerned about my parents finding him here.

"I left after you fell asleep," I nodded, "I came around an hour ago, figured your parents would've left to work by now," I silently stared into his eyes. How badly I just wanted to stay like this, feeling safe, and not having to face the world today. I don't want to know if we'll fight today, or if something will happen with Jinhwan. I just want to stay like this. Taehyung smiles at me before guiding his hand to the food, breaking the eye contact, "Buutt, I made you some pancakes to lighten your mood." 

I walk over to the table where the plate was and sat down, "How about you?" He leans into the table and rests his body on his arms which was on the table.

"I ate...before I got here," I knew what he meant by that, I look down at my food reminding myself of killing that girl, "Your should eat though, a lot happened yesterday and you just need to rest," He smiles at me again warming my heart. 

"Could you stay here today? I don't really want to be alone," I asked. 

"Sure, I can stay for a little," 

___

As the day whines down, Taehyung and I get in bed and cuddle. The back of my body on his, and we intertwine our legs. He wraps his arms around my chest consistently kissing my head, giving me the best of butterflies. 

"I really miss this," Taehyung whispers to himself, but I could hear him. Vampire hearing and all. 

"Me too.." I whisper back. 

"I know I haven't been the most supportive lately...or the most present, and I'm sorry. I really don't want you to feel like I don't care or don't love you anymore, because I do. And I need to make that clear," He holds me a little tighter, "I don't know what I'd do if you weren't in my life Sunny..." 

"I love you too Taehyung," For some reason, that's all I could say. Thats all he needed to hear, "More than you know," I felt his cheeks lift into a smile that made me happy. 

Taehyung's phone buzzed for a second and he grabs it to take a look at it. 

Namjoon: We're ready.