Chapter Thirty Nine

Is it a mistake this time?

Taehyung's POV

It officially has been a month since Sunny has gone into the dark woods. I started watching her from the boarder since her goodbye seemed so real. I didn't want to hear her say goodbye again, so I stopped entering. Soon enough, I stoped going all together. It gets harder watching her, Sunny looks so happy there. I've seen her feed, sleep, and even gather with her friends. This side of her has been gone for a long time and now it's back, and I can't even share that moment with her. 

I know I shouldn't be selfish, Sunny's happy now but I can't stop feeling this way. I know in the future how this will effect her and it hurts that I won't be able to prevent it. It's going to crush her  if she ever gets her humanity back, something too painful to watch. Namjoon has been trying to get me over the whole situation but nothing seems to be working. My heart is stuck with Sunny so I don't know how to "move on." Moving on from this situation means to forgive myself for everything I did, and I just can't do that. 

-

Namjoon opens the front door and stares at my depressed face. He drops his hand from the doorknob and gives me a deep sigh, "I see you've been well..." I return the sigh and walk forward forcing him to move to the side. I enter his home and walk into his living room before sitting on his couch. 

"Never been better actually," I responded in the sarcastic tone Namjoon gave me. I look up at him as he walks towards me. 

"I can't believe it's already been a month," Namjoon sits down across from me and I just nod. 

"It went by so fast..." There was a pause between us, "She looked so happy yesterday when I saw her last. She was laughing with some friends, but I could tell they just fed because of the blood on her shirt," Namjoon looks away disgusted by the image that popped inside his head, "But it's been a couple weeks since I've gone, hurts a little extra lately," 

"Taehyung, you can't keep drowning yourself like this. She's moved on, so can you," 

"She's moved on because she doesn't have her humanity anymore, I still do," He sighs knowing what I said was the truth. I feel a buzz through my pants and notice it was my phone. I stuffed my hand inside my pocket pulling it out, I see it was Sunny's mom calling me. I sigh reading the name. 

"Who is it?" Namjoon curiously asks. 

"Sunny's mom," He smudges his lips, "She's been calling me, I think they figured out Sunny isn't at lei's house..." I turn my phone off and put it back inside my pocket.

"Even if she calls the police, there no way they'd find her now," I agreeing before rubbing my eyes tiredly, "Well how can we get you better? I can't keep seeing you like this, I don't even know when's the last time you showered..." I narrowed my eyebrows at him. 

"This morning...I'm a vampire, hygiene is the key to not look dead. Showers actually help a lot, it's where I cry the most-" 

Namjoon sits up in his chair, "Okay this needs to stop. You're crying in the shower now?" I shrug hopelessly, "Lets take you out to distract yourself," I shake my head refusing.

"I can't hyung, not yet," 

"You'll never move on if you stay like this-" 

I interrupt, "Thats the thing...I'm afraid if I move on from this situation I'll be moving on from Sunny and I can't, I have to be here for when she gets her humanity back so I can help her," He rolls his eyes at me. 

"Taehyung, if you truly love Sunny that love won't go away. You can clean yourself up and still wait for the girl, just don't put your life on pause," Namjoon's pauses, "Her life isn't," I don't respond. My fingers lie on his blanket and I begin to fidget with the edge of it, Namjoon watches me before speaking again, "Jungkook just got back in town from the vampire world, I'm going to go meet up with him so you should come with. It'll relax your mind," As he speaks my mind wonders around. Relax my mind...Namjoon sighs at the fact that I'm not responding to him, "Tae, come with me it'll be a good distraction," Distraction...Maybe that's what I need, something to distract me and can relax my mind, "Tae?"