Chapter Twenty One

Will You Stay Loyal?

Taehyung's POV

Walking through the schools hallways I only had one thing on my mind, Jinhwan. I know I shouldn't of fought him, but the way he was speaking was so annoying. It's like he knows he's putting on an act, but won't come clean. I was stuck and didn't know what to do about him anymore. I can't even take him to the police because not only are they able to cover his tracks again, but I'd be putting Jungnim at risk. The only thing left to do is to talk to Jinhwan, actually have a conversation with him so he can just leave us all alone. 

I walk into my first period afraid to face Sunny, luckily she wasn't there yet but of course Jinhwan was. I take a look at his face, at least the swelling went away over night. I walk towards my seat avoiding eye contact with Jinhwan, but the thoughts were bothering me. 

After I take my seat I lean over in front of me and begin to speak, "Jinhwan I know you are just as tired as I am," Jinhwan turns around and faces me. 

"About what?" He asks. Of course he's going to make this difficult. 

"This act your putting up is not fooling anybody," 

"Is this your attempt to apologize to me?" I tilt my head. 

"No, I'm not trying to apologize. I'm giving you a chance to come clean, so I don't have to for you," Jinhwan begins to shake his head.

"What did I do? You're the one sneaking around trying to figure out something you have no right doing-"

I quickly Interrupt Jinhwan offended, "I'm trying to protect Sunny-"

"Oh I'm sure Sunny can protect herself," Jinhwan quickly claps back at me, and I sit there questioning what he said. 

"You can't be around her Jinhwan," 

He rolls his eyes, "There you go again being a jealous boyfriend,"

 "What? Jealous? Jinhwan you know what this is about," I begin to lower my voice, "You killed Kyung," 

"Taehyung, I never confessed to that," 

"You got an officer to hide your case, you admitted to what you did!" The classmates looked at me once I raised my voice. 

"It's too early for you to be yelling like that," I take a deep breath. 

"Look Jinhwan, I know that you have a sketchy past. You killing Kyung, is only part of it. If I get a hold of your information, there's going to be a lot on the line for you. I'm giving you a chance right now to leave like nothing happened so we can all move on," I lean closer to Jinhwan with fierce in my voice. 

Jinhwan leaned closer to me, "It's too late for that," I sat back, "You've done too much damage just to make me forfeit. Sunny doesn't deserve you," 

"So this is about Sunny?" I questioned him.

Jinhwan adjusts his position to be more comfortable, "You're not going to take Sunny away from me, I want her," Slowly my eyes widen.

"What do you mean you want her?" I grind my teeth attempting to cool myself down. 

"Well, I have a good relationship with her. Why would I ruin that?" 

"Jinhwan I'm not allowing Sunny to be around a crazy murderer-" 

"And like I said Taehyung, I am pretty sure Sunny can take care of herself," Jinhwan lightly smirks tilting his head at me. I look up seeing Sunny outside the classroom. 

"What do you mean by that?" I look back at Jinhwan Impatient for his answer.

Jinhwan crosses his legs and folds his arms, "I mean I bet someone with those sharp teeth, and crazy strength...can protect themselves," I narrow my eyebrows. Does he know? "Those eyes say it all Taehyung," He unfolds his legs and lean over to me, "So if you try to tell Sunny anything, I wonder what the world would say about vampires roaming the streets," Sunny enters the classroom, and walks towards her desk. Before she could sit, I got up and and grabbed her wrist pulling her outside the classroom. I could hear Jinhwan laughing.