Chapter Thirty Seven

And Again...

Taehyung POV

It's been a week since Sunny has gone into the dark woods. I haven't been able to see her again because of all the guilt I'm facing. I'm constantly blaming myself for her actions, and how can I not? Looking back from the moment she turned into a vampire until now, this all begins with me not being the best supporter and not being there for her. Sunny doesn't deserve this. 

The school hallways are empty without Sunny here. When I go to class, neither Sunny or Jinhwan are there and it's a daily reminder of what I've done. Even though Namjoon is trying to comfort me the best way he can, it's still not enough. I won't be able to live with myself as long as Sunny is in the dark woods. 

-

I parked my car in front of the boarder of the dark woods and took my time getting out. Since it's been a week since I've seen Sunny, I don't know how she is now. I'm not sure if she still has her humanity, because of this I need to prepare myself before I go in. I turn around and begin walking towards the entrance when Miya comes out. 

"Ahh, he finally returns," She smirks approaching me, "You did say you were going to be a familiar face," Miya winks teasing my words.

"I'm just checking in on Sunny, it'll be quick," She crosses her arms and her lips pouted slightly. 

"Well I can tell you everything we've been up to," I took a deep breath, "On day one Sunny fed on-" I quickly interrupt at the thought of Sunny feeding. 

"Miya hajima (stop)," Miya stops talking and continues to smirk at me, "Let me go in," She shrugs before stepping aside. 

"I was trying to save you the tears, but if you want to hear it from her go ahead," I look away from Miya and face the boarder. Without hesitation, I begin walking inside. 

After a couple minutes of walking, I see Sunny in the same place as last week. This time she looked content and is reading a book peacefully. I approach her, and just like last time, she doesn't notice until I take a seat next to her. 

Sunny jumps back once she looks at me, "T-Taehyung..." I force a smile through my lips looking into her eyes, "What are you doing here?" She asks before looking around for Miya. 

"She let me in, Sun," Sunny looks back at me, "Miya will let me visit you if I don't take you back home," Before she could respond, I look down at her book and change the topic, "Since when did they have books here?" Sunny closes the book and sets it in front of her. 

"Miya had it in her home, I've been reading more lately...forgot how relaxed it makes me," I listen to Sunny's soft voice and it makes me become a little red. I haven't heard her voice in a week, and this moment gave me butterflies.

"What is it about?" I adjusted my position by scooting closer to her, after I lean back on the tree looking over at her book. Sunny picks up the book and looks and the cover while speaking. 

"A girl finding herself, she had a rough childhood and now she's finally spreading her wings," Sunny sighs and there's a pause between us. After a while, she turns her body and faces me, "Taehyung, why do you keep coming back?" She asks curiously. 

I take a deep breath before responding, "Checking in on you, that's all," I say forcing a smile, however Sunny doesn't fall for it. 

"Taehyung," She says firmly. 

"I miss you," 

"Taehyung-"

"I can't live with myself because you're in here," Sunny sighs before looking away, "You don't deserve to be here, and I can't just act like nothing is happening while I live my regular life,"