Chapter Twenty Seven

Plan B

My eyes flickered open from the burning sunlight that was entering my room. I turn away a couple times but no matter what the sun was still shinning so bright. Finally, I opened my eyes and turned to look at the ceiling. I enjoyed the couple seconds of silence I had in my mind before I was attacked with memories from last night. 

I was stuck on the kiss with Uni, I couldn't understand why it happened. I was trying to not pay any mind to the fact that she was starring at me while I was fixing her collar, but my body moved without my mind and I easily kissed her. I didn't know if I regretted it or not. I know it wasn't right, but every time I say that it happens again, so do I actually regret this? Do I regret getting this close with Uni? 

I bragged my body out of the bed and forced myself into the bathroom. A hot shower can always fix a troubled mind. I warm up the water and watched as it sprayed onto the tub's floor. As it was warming up I began to get undressed. 

It's good that Uni and I aren't on bad terms anymore, we finally found comfort in each other. Is that so bad? I don't think so, but once I realized her feelings for me it was so easy to feel good with her because she didn't mind. But her feelings, Uni's feelings, they're for me? It was never noticeable that she had a crush on me even last year, maybe because I never payed any mind to her and Sunny was the only girl in my mind. But now Uni is in my mind and I can't stop thinking of her. How thoughtful and caring she has been, how she tries so hard to put a smile on my face even in the hardest situations. 

That night Uni and I went out for snacks we talked for hours and it wasn't about Sunny, it was about life, our hopes and dreams. Her hopes and dreams. She wants to be a designer and she even showed me her work and they're beautiful, she has a talent that can go places. She asked about my life as a vampire and I told her the good and bad, she was so intrigued. She wanted to make sure this life, that was forced upon me, was something I was enjoying. Uni has a place in her heart for me and it shows but we both know we shouldn't explore any of this. I know my heart needs to stay with Sunny, even though it wants to explore Uni...

I wrap the towel that was hanging on the bathroom wall around my waist. The water drips from my hair down my chest as I leave the room and enter the kitchen. I open the fridge and take out the eggs before beginning to cook them. After they were made, I listen to the silence of my home while eating my breakfast. However my home sounded so loud from the thoughts that were taking up space in my head. I finished eating and headed to my room to put some clothes on. To quiet my mind I began taking a walk around my block. However that didn't work and my mind was still so loud.

I need to stay by Sunny's side because she is in danger. I don't know why Jinhwan wants Sunny so badly, and with his diagnosis and the way he acts he could hurt her. If Sunny acts upon her powers, she'll regret it forever. Even though Sunny tries to hide it, I know she doesn't like to feed or live as a vampire, it's very hard for her and without my support it's worse. So I know feeding on her scent isn't something she wants to do, maybe that's why her emotional connection with Jinhwan is more stronger than her urge to feed on him. 

I turn the corner from my block and began walking down a steep sidewalk. My hands were placed inside the pockets of my grey sweatpants, and my black hoodie was covering my face. 

It feels like my life is slowly falling apart because of one person, Jinhwan. He is so eager to ruin my relationships and my peace because I invaded his privacy but that's only because I didn't feel safe with his presence. Since the first day of school he has had this secretive personality that cannot be trusted, and now I am finding out all of the reasons why. I won't let the people I care about most risk their lives by being near him. Someone needs to stop Jinhwan before he gets carried away and continues to kill people.