Devil 9: The Angel's Guilt

DEVIL ON HIS KNEES | by Robin @Robin_Blue

9

The Angel's Guilt

I couldn't focus during the class. I keep rubbing my nape,I'm feeling goosebumps,I could feel him staring at my back. I couldn't write without mispelling the words. I feel hot too kahit naka-open naman ang airconditioning unit.

"Okay ka lang,Car?" Asked Gladys.

"Yeah...."

"Tara sa mall mamaya?"

"Okay." I answered not taking a thought. I just wanted to take Devin out of my mind for a sec.

"Sure ka,okay ka lang? Pinagpapawisan ka."

"Yeah,I'm fine. Thank you." Tumingin ako sa harap,marami pang isinusulat ang teacher sa board. And thirty minutes more. Kaklase ko lang sa isang subject today si Devin and I can't wait to get away from him,from his stares.

"Wait lang,comfort room lang. Samahan mo ako?"

"Ah,no." Mabilis na pagtanggi ko at nag-focus agad sa pagsusulat. Somehow I forgot about Devin.

Glads excused herself and made her way out. Moment after, a slight screeching sound beside me followed. The chair,Glady's chair,was being pulled and I didn't have to look to know who did. Creeps crawled instantly in my being seeing a pair of long legs and rugged sneakers occupying the tiny space.

My eyes blinked rapidly,my heart started to puound. Pumikit ako nang maramdaman ko ang pagtama ng kanyang hininga sa aking pisngi. I could inhale it too that I prevented myself from breathing. In my mind,I started to chant the mantra.

I'm not afraid of you.

You can't intimidate me Devin.

"Mr. Gomez,what are you doing? Go back to your seat!"

Like a whirlwind,Devin went away.

After the class,his block moved out and it was like dark clouds clearing away from the sky.

"Wait kita sa caf." Glads asked after our last class for lunch.

I nodded to her and let her took some of my stuff before I went to the comfort room. Maraming gumagamit kaya umakyat ako sa third floor kung saan malimit na kaunti ang gumagamit.

After doing the deed I went out the stall and stood at the vanity to wash my hands. I was washing them thoroughly when somebody walked in. I'm done and looked up to see myself on the mirror when I saw Devin standing right behind me.

Chill quickly creeped in me. I saw danger instantly when I met his menacing eyes,so I spun around to defend myself but he already got me on restraint. His hand covered my mouth while the other strapped around my arms to stopped me from protesting.

For the first time in my life I felt defenseless,weak and hopeless. He had held me caotivated before but never like this that I felt the sudden panic to survive,to escape.

Nakikita ko na lang ang sarili kong repleksyon at niya sa salamin habang walang kahirap-hirap niya akong tinatangay palabas ng comfort room. Sumisigaw ako pero walang lumalabas sa bibig ko. My feet couldn't even touched the floor so I can do something.

Paglabas namin,ilang hakbang lang ay pumasok kami sa isang madilim na silid. Panic escalated in me. I tried every ounce of strength to squirm and he let go of me. Hindi ko makita ang kababagsakan ko kaya huli na nang maramdaman ko na lang ang malamig na semento sa mga tuhod ko bago ako napadapa. I closed my eyes in pain and held on my knees. I waiter for the pain to subside,when it did I slowly breathe back and open my eyes. And I saw but still darkness. May naaaninag ako kaunti at ang mga paa niya ang una kong nakita bago ang naka-squat niyang anyo sa harapan ko. Hands resting losely on his knees and when I looked further up I saw his grinning face.