Last Chapter: Cold Peace

DEVIL ON HIS KNEES | by Robin @Robin_Blue22

38

Cold Peace

"

...nasusulat: Anumang sandatang gagamitin mo ay siya ring gagamitin laban sayo...."

There was a lot of blood...on the staircase that night. I can still see how it vividly stained the floor,and the stench...

I stood up quickly excusing myself. Tutop ko ng palad ang aking bibig dahil sa nakakasuka at nakakahilong imahe sa utak ko. It has been running,playing again and again on my mind how that fateful night ended for him.

Hinihiwa ang puso ko sa pinaghalong lungkot, galit, sa pagkasabik,sa pagkalito...hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit ito nangyari. How did it ended to this for him. He didn't deserve it. No....

Mama followed me outside the church,sa sulok ng hardin kung saan ako walang pakealam sa paligid kong sumuka ng sumuka,umiiyak na parang wala ng katapusan. I feel so lonely and alone even though I'm surrounded. All has been taken away from me since he was gone. Mama's presence,assurance and care wouldn't suffice...it's not enough,she's not what I need.

Hinatak ako ni Mama patayo mula sa pagkakatalungko ko sa damuha. I'm not on my body,I feel like my consciousness is else where,floating nowhere that when Carrie pulled me,yeah I called my mother Carrie now out of anger and spite...spite to all who had been cruel to Devin and his death. My hatred is impossible that I wished anyone of them disappear.

Carrie measured my pulse,doing her dianosis as someone so respectable on her profession. Someone who is too cold to be human.

I wasn't looking at her,I was somewhere subconsciously when she told me with sure confidence that I am pregnant. Why am I not surprise?

Ang mabigat na sinag ng araw sa aming ibabaw ang nagsilbing talukbong sa nanghihina kong katawan. Itiningala ko ang aking mukha para saluhin ang init at tuyuin nito ang walang patid kong mga luha. I can hear Carrie started her nagging,her announcement of disappointment,of the word abortion that made me flutter my eyelids and looked gravely enraged to her.

"Huwag mo akong tignan-"

I walked away. Kung saan ako dalhin ng aking mga paa ay wala akong pakealam, I have to get away from her,from anyone who knows me...and to where is where I found myself for the millionth time since they took him and burried him six feet.

"Devin...it's so lonely without you. My heart...my heart is tearing apart...it's so painful...."

I sprawled on the dirt that's now beginning to cover with grass,totally covering him away from me.

"Sorry...." I whispered. "I'm sorry," I wasn't there to stop it. I wasn't there to make it right for you. I wasn't there to be with you.

I may have wanted love for you,and peace for you Devin but not like this,not this cold. So cold I may die from it. Let me die with you then.

----