Devil 36: The End

DEVIL ON HIS KNEES | by Robin @Robin_Blue22

36

The End

Maricar

I don't know where Papa brought me. Dahil pagdating namin ay wala pa rin akong ibang ginawa kung hindi ang umiyak, mag-alala kay Devin. There was nothing on my mind but him that I don't care where was I. Nakatulog na lang ako sa kamang bago sa akin, sa kwarto na noon ko lang pinasukan. And I was alone, and I was alone still when I woke up from endless crying.

The room was kindly lit with the lampshade beside the bed that reminded me of what happened. Marahan akong bumangon habang lumalabo na naman sa luha ang mga mata ko. I looked for my cellphone at wala akong mahagilap. Napatingin ako sa saradong pinto. May naririnig akong mga boses and all of a sudden I felt worried and frustrated once again. Papa were still with the two policemen.

Hindi nila ako tutulungan, hindi nila ako pakikinggan. Nobody would listen to me. Nakatulog na lang ulit ako sa pag-iyak.

---

"Nasa'n ka?"

I choked crying. It was Devin's voice. He sounded somewhere and angry.

"Devin...." I whispered. Am I dreaming? But he sounded so real, like he was just somewhere far.

My heart was being crumpled missing Devin.

Dumilat ako ng unti-unti dahil sa papalakas na boses na mga na nanggagaling sa kung saan.

"Nasaan si Maricar? Ilabas mo siya."

My heart leaped in pain. Was it Devin?

"Devin." Humangos ako ng bangon at kahit madilim, my eyes still adjusting to the darkness, lumapit ako kung nasaan ang boses niya, forgetting I was on a bed and I fell stupid on the floor. I have saved my face but hurting myself was nothing compared to the joy of I was feeling that I was already crying.

Devin came back. He came back.

I remember the door. Devin's outside. So I rushed there but my body was so weak from all the cries that my knees buckled and landed on the floor. But I stood up and reached for the door. Pero hindi ko mabuksan. I started panicking. Devin was yelling.

Kinalampag ko ang pinto, trying to pull it open or push it but it was futile. "Papa!" Pero naririnig ko siyang sumisigaw kung saan. Nang tuntunin ko ang boses niya, boses ni Devin, I traced it on the window that was darkly lighted from the outside.

My heart was hammering. Lumalala ang mga sigawan, Papa was shooing Devin away. Hinawi ko ang kurtina, lumagpas ang tingin ko sa salamin but they were nowhere. Hinanap ko ang lock and pushed one slider.

"Devin!" I called out. I need to see him. I need to see him!

Panic was taking over in me. I don't know what to do. Papa was still yelling at him to go.  "Papa!"

"Umalis ka rito demonyo ka! Hindi ko ibibigay sayo ang anak ko magkamatayan na tayo dito!"

"Maricar!"

"Devin... Devin! Nandito ako! Help me!" Sigaw ko.  I ran to the door, tried pulling it. "Devin!" I banged it, di ako tumigil hangga't di nabubuksan when I loud sound jolted me.

Magkasunod iyon that the second one made me realize what it was.

"Devin...Devin...." I ran to the window to see what might took place. Pero di ko pa rin sila makita,I still see the empty backyard and I feel going crazy. "Devin!" I screamed.

----