Chapter 9: Erik's Face

Y/n was blessed to take singing lessons from Erik. He was the greatest teacher. She was coming to him twice a week and always brought him something to eat. It was strange that she thought about him all the time. Could it be a love? Oh, no... Nonsense. It's only pity, Y/n thought. She was sitting by her sewing machine making a new costume and humming. Erik taught her very well. It was almost five months since she visited him for the first time. Even Meg began to realize that she was different. ,,Your teacher must be great. You sing so beautifully" she told her one day. ,,Oh, really?" Y/n giggled. ,,I know... He is amazing" she added whispering. Meg giggled more. ,,Ohhh...It looks like you like him!" Y/n laughed. ,,Hush! Shut up, Meg!" Meg embraced her. ,,Tell me everything! Is he handsome?" Y/n didn't know how to answer. She had never seen Erik's whole face. Only the left side. ,,Oh, yes. He is" she said. ,,I'm so jealous now!" Meg giggled and Y/n giggled with her. It was so pleasant to talk about Erik with someone. Now she was sure that she was really in love with him. Yes... She loved the phantom of the opera...
   Two days later was a time for another lesson. Erik was already waiting for her. ,,I'm so sorry for being so late, maestro" Y/n told him when she came. Erik looked like he was blushing. ,,Y/n... Tell me. I heard your talk with Meg Giry. You were talking like you really would... " he didn't finish. He felt so embarrassed. Y/n blushed too. He really heard the conversation with Meg. He really did... ,,Forgive me if it was awkward to hear" she said quietly. Erik smiled a bit. ,,Would you like to have a pause today? I used that things you've brought to me. I made beautiful pancakes" he said quite proudly. Y/n though he was kidding at first but the pleasant smell of the pancakes was too strong.  She smiled at him happily.
    It was the most perfect lunch she ever had. Erik was amazing cook. She wondered where he learned that. She looked into his deep eyes. ,,Can I ask you for something?" she whispered. Erik looked at her. ,,Of course, anything" Y/n felt awkward for her wish but she was too curious. ,,Could you.... Show me your whole face? I would like to know who teaches me" she said. Erik looked feared. ,,That's not a good idea. Christine saw my face and fell down in horror. People were fainting from looking at me. I'm a freak, Y/n. You will run from me forever if you see it" he admitted. ,,Please... " Y/n whispered. ,,If you trust me you'll do that, Erik... Please, give me a chance to love you" it was maybe too much. But she wanted to see his face too much. Erik didn't look happy. He was worried. He slowly pulled his mask off.... The right side of his face was deformed. Poor creature... Y/n got scared at first but then she just had tears in her eyes. Poor Erik... So this was the reason of his miserable lifestyle. She hugged him immediately and tightly....