Chapter 19: Learn to love yourself

Y/n was so happy that her engagement was accepted so good at the opera house. But it was mostly all thanks to Meg. The kindest friend she ever got. She wondered if she can tell her that who her fiancé is. She was the best friend of Christine de Chagny. So she knew who Erik was very well. But not in a good way. She experienced the traumatic Don Juan Triumphant premiere... She decided not to tell her yet. She had other plans for the day. She planned to come back in Erik's lair. But not just ordinary. She wanted to look the most beautiful woman for him. Prettier than his first muse and platonic love - Christine. She put on a dress she made herself. White dress with light pink lace. She made it a time ago when she still dated her first love but eventually never wore it. She finally had a chance to put it on. The mirror showed her the beautiful reflection. ,,My girl..." Y/n spoke to herself. ,,You don't look bad!" She tried to make herself confident. Then she pushed the thing that opened the secret door. The catacombs didn't scare her anymore. She just wanted to see Erik. She smiled when she saw him sitting by the lake and waiting for her like a faithful dog. ,,Hello, you waiting thing" she giggled a little. Erik smiled at her. ,,I was afraid that you wouldn't come back... That you changed your mind" he admitted. Y/n was shocked by his fear and hugged him. ,,No...no, never. Never, Erik, never..." she comforted him. ,,We'll get married as soon as possible. I won't let us wait. The managers weren't angry. Meg made peace a lot.... I'm so grateful to her. I don't believe they would be so calm if she wasn't there" ,,I know" Erik nodded with a small smile. ,,I know who Meg is...I remember her when she was little" Y/n smiled at him. ,,As I listen to you I believe that you are actually loving. You are able to love people. Just they aren't able to love you. The problem is in them, Erik...not in you" she told him. That made him very surprised. ,,Do you think so?" ,,Yes!" she answered. ,,No matter what anyone says. You are an ordinary human, dear. Your heart is beating.... You breathe... And you feel pain, joy either other feelings just like everyone else... That doesn't depend on your face" she explained. ,,I want you to build up some self-confidence. Then I will marry you" she added. That was a challenge for Erik....