Chapter 28: Grateful and redeeming

Y/n woke up in the morning when the ship moved a bit more than usually. She opened her eyes and noticed that her arms were empty. ,,Erik?...Erik!" she was worried a little bit. The door opened and Erik was standing there with a breakfast. ,,I asked them to take it in here, so I wouldn't need to wake you up" he explained. Y/n smiled at him. ,,Thank you, angel" he always blushed when she called him ,,angel". Even though she did it all the time. He called her that as well but he felt like it was a nickname more for her than him. ,,Are you excited to travel?" she asked him while eating. ,,Yes. It will be so interesting to see everything without the bars of the cage or bound hands. Traveling as a free person. For the first time" he wondered loud. Y/n caressed his hair. ,,I am so happy for you. I really wish you could take your mask off as well" ,,That would be too much. You know people's usual reactions to my face. I'm still in danger when I am unmasked" he sighed. ,,Such a shame..." Y/n whispered. She knew that she couldn't do anything against it. Erik was no ordinary man and people already hurt him too much for his appearance. The outside world wasn't safe for him. But she was sure that they will enjoy their honeymoon in Rome no matter what happens. ,,You are beautiful..." Erik said watching her. Y/n began to laugh. ,,Oh, my Erik. In the morning when I am so messy?" ,,Yes. You are. Always. You are an angel" Erik's voice was serious. Y/n smiled at him and raised her arms against him. He recognised what she wished and snuggled up to her. Her arms were his favourite place already. He enjoyed these first days being married. So many new things he didn't know before. Y/n caressed his hair. ,,You like this, don't you?" Erik smiled and closed his eyes. ,,Yes..more than that. I'd be able to stay like this for hours" Y/n was amazed how grateful her husband is. She didn't ever experience such a behaviour of her first lover. Erik felt like everything he got from her needed a redeem from him. Like he felt like he wasn't good enough for her. But for Y/n he was the best husband she could ask for. 
,,Relax, Erik... we'll be there in a few hours" she whispered to him tenderly.