Chapter 21 - Scream.

~Unknown~

_ Even if I scream loud enough, you wouldn't help me. You'd just let me drown in my own misery. _

.
.
.

"Is she dead?" I waited for a reply, and when it finally came, a smile found its way to my face.

"Just as planned."

I couldn't express the joy that fluttered within my soul. I was beyond happy, and I was eager to know if he had done exactly as I had asked. "Did you leave our little package? I'm pretty sure Mr. Ekwegh will be most delighted to receive it." I asked, drumming my fingers against the thick, mahogany desk in my office.

"I did exactly what you asked. Your money was worth it, anyway." He said, and I couldn't care less if he felt I was being a pest again.

I smirked, as my lips came in contact with my glass of wine. Blood red. Just like the blood I'd just spilled. The Lord would have to forgive me for that. I had to have my way. And I had to get rid of her. She was nothing but a threat, all along. "I'd even give you more, if you finally kill the girl. But not yet, I'm sure the death of the other one will raise too many suspicions. It was wise of you to have struck when you did. Otherwise, they would've been trouble." I said, as I took a sip from my glass of wine. Its contents twirled inside the transparent glass, and I couldn't help but stare at its blood-like appearance.

All my sense of humanity, had been clouded and paralyzed by my greed. I was aware of that. And I was well-aware, that that girl would ruin me. And if anyone ever found out what that foolish woman had found out, I would've been ruined by now. Everything would have been gone by now, just like the wind carried away dust.

"As long as you pay generously." Came his gruff voice.

I placed my glass of wine on my desk, and slipped out a cigarette from it's packet. "Of course. It was enough that you spared my life that day, and didn't shoot me but shot the boxes behind me instead. For that, I'll make sure to treat you nicely. As long as you keep doing you job, splendidly." I replied, and lit the cigarette.

Slowly, I drew the cigarette in between my lips, and took a drag from it. Such sweet pleasure, just knowing that a plan was coming together, perfectly. "You have nothing to worry about. As long as you keep oiling our palms, your work will be done just as you please." He replied.

I let out a puff of smoke, in a perfect smoke ring, before I replied. "Sure. Although, I really wish you would be a bit faster. The longer that girl lives, the closer she gets to the truth." As the words left my mouth, I suddenly became a bit agitated. Knowing she was still alive, and breathing air, was ruining me. And the fact that she was in that cursed mansion, that cursed mansion when everything all began, was equally killing me.

I had to be smart with things. I had to be smart with them, as well. "Patience, ma'am," he glowered. "As a professional assassin, who knows how to devour his prey with ease, I know that patience is the first step to capturing them. Without patience, everything will be ruined." He added, as quick as he had before.

I grunted. "And the boy? What was his name again? Caleb? Kachi?" I groaned, frustrated that I couldn't recall the name of that little rascal.

"Kamsi." The guy at the other end, aided. I smiled, recalling how much I despised him as well.

"He's a threat, as well. From what you told me, earlier, he has started telling everyone what he saw that day. And that is not good. I felt the shock from it wouldn't let him, but it seems like he's slowly getting out of that shock. Whatever the cause, make sure you handle him. I'll pay you just as much." I said, once again, taking a drag from my cigarette.