Bittersweet - Intro

_Life is an unending battlefield, always be prepared for anything_

.
.
.

Adopted child, Alisa Chimezie, learnt to be tough and grew up - basking in the essence of life's lessons. She learnt to be strong, to be independent and struggle to get what she wanted and what she needed. She learnt, at such a tender age, that life wasn't all a bed of roses and that nothing good comes easy. She learnt to fight for what she needed rather than relying on pity or taking time to blame herself for things she knew she couldn't control.

Not everyone was born to be princes and princesses, or kings and queens. To her, some where born commoners for a reason. For without the commoners, who shall the kings and queens rule? Everyone would want to be rulers!

Take what you can, even if you have to be a little manipulative... Survival tactic number one, she'd outlined that herself.

She had to struggle to be happy, although the happiness always seemed to fade away. It always seemed to last for only a short period of time, then it'd leave - as quick as it came. But to be truly happy, one must learnt to ignore the odds - something she didn't have in her.

After being adopted by a really nice couple at the age of eight, she felt life finally looked down on her with pity in its eyes, like God had finally chosen to smile down on her. And everything was perfect. Everything seemed perfect, although she had her doubts - her pessimistic side getting the best of her. She was afraid that one day, it'd all come to an end and she'd be back to struggling again.

As she feared, things took a drastic turn and the minute the Anthonys' - the couple whom had adopted her - welcomed twins into their home. It felt like all the love they had for her got drained from their eyes at that moment.

At that moment, she realized that in life; one must always be prepared for anything, and everything. Anything can happen in the next split second, and when you look back in time, you realise just how much you've wasted thinking everything would always be fine.

And so, she continued her life, from foster home to foster home. Hoping to finally settle down in a home, a place to call her own, a home: where she'd at least get a little love, to at least be truly happy again - even if it'd last for only a moment. Was that too much to ask?

But then again, she was sure to never get too comfortable 'cause the shock of her life could be all it takes to ruin her, perhaps twist her story a bit and bring everything to a huge halt.