Chapter 11 - Trigger.

~Unknown~

_ I pulled the trigger the second you turned cold, be grateful that I let you live till you got old. _
.
.
.

A guy walked in. A septum piercing on his nose, a devilish grin on his lips and numerous tattoos on the upper part of his shirtless body. Dreadlocks on his hair, a blunt of weed in his hand, an air of thuggery about him and a rain of alcohol oozing from his entire body. Dressed in rags he mistook for clothes, he stood right before me and stared daggers into my eyes. He wasn't unfamiliar to me, and neither was I to him. With a single look, he could tell the reason why I was here, again.

One thing I was sure of, was that he was my only hope.

I needed no one telling me the repercussions of him not helping me. Especially now the tables have been turned against me. Eyes lurk in corners which I cannot see, and he's the keenest of sight, which I need, to lead the way. I've waited five years for this. It was finally at my grasp, and soon on my palms, and I wasn't ready to let it slip. Not now, not ever.

"In private, please" I said. I noticed he had a number of guys backing him up, in the other room. The one which contained a lot of cardboard boxes and old wood.

"Why?" A puff of smoke followed, and his deep, croaky voice resonated the room.

"I... It has to be in private. What I wish to discuss with you, is not something I want others to hear" my eyes remained fixed on him. He wasn't even looking at me anymore, yet I knew he was listening to me and would understand what I was trying to say.

To his boys, he gave a signal with his hands, and they immediately shut the door. I heard the sounds of their guns being loaded with bullets, there was no need for that - I thought - for I wasn't armed.

"This is the third time this week you've pestered us about this issue" he said and I groaned inwardly.

"I need the job done as soon as possible. When I said I needed it done urgently, I meant it. Please, try to understand my situation" my voice was firm, and I knew he could identify the need laced in every word that I spoke.

"Of all the clients I've had to deal with, I must say, you are the most annoying one of them all. How many times do I have to say this?" A puff of smoke and the sound of my slight cough followed his ragged words. He leaned a little too close and in my defense; I stepped back and glared. "We have heard you. Go home" he dismissed me, with a wave of his hand, and regained his previous posture.

I took a deep breath, one filled with determination, and clenched my fist. He didn't understand the gravity of my predicament. So many things could go wrong. I could go to jail, and everyone would hate me. Everyone.

"Listen, sir..." My eyes bore holes into his forehead, and his lazy ones dug pits into my pupils.

"Go home!" He yelled at me, eyeing me from head to toe.

I stuttered a bit, yet refused to move without making my point clear. "She's back. Alive. I wanted her dead years ago, yet you let her live. It's your mistake, and not mine. Mind you, if she finds out the truth about all this? All this I've tried so hard to hide nicely," I got a little closer, with an un-intimidated and a fierce look on my face. "You'll be going down with me. You and all your men" I said, still staring daggers at him.

He looked indifferent about the matter. And that irritated me the most. It was sickening and I just felt like grabbing him by his throat and squeezing the life out of him. If I had a gun with me, I would've shot him by now. The lowlife had no idea that everything I own and have worked for, was at stake. My reputation, my honor... And my respect! What did he not understand by the words; 'kill her now'?

"I want her dead. And now" with that, I grabbed my stuff and walked away.

I was about taking my final steps, out of the building, when I heard approaching footsteps, and I felt a gun being pointed to my head.

"All you have said, you shall regret. Do not teach me how to do my job" and with that, he pulled the trigger.

.
.
.

This is a super short chapter. But it's short cause it's VERY important. Please let me know what you think. A little encouragement will be nice too.

Please don't forget to vote, and leave a comment if you can. It's Friday, and I updated. Please show some love cause I'm loosing the vibe for this book, I have so many ideas but I'm feeling a little discouraged.

Oh well, I won't give up on this book. But I need your help not to.
Take care, and goodbye!✨

Next update: Sunday❤️