Chapter 23 - Danger.

~Kamsi~

_  Danger lurks on every corner, and yet, no one else sees it. And there is no escape, because it always wins.  _
.
.
.

I tried my best to calm down, and watched as the phone went blank in a second. I knew this place was lonely and very dangerous, but it was the only way I could meet Tyrone without anyone suspecting anything. Now, with a dead battery, and absolutely no idea how I'd call Tyrone to let him know I was on my way — I tried to maneuver my way around the darkness surrounding me. The first thing that played in my head, was heading home. But I wouldn't dare. If I did, I wouldn't get the information needed. I wouldn't be able to prove to everyone what I truly knew about that cursed mansion. And that father of mine.

Everyone had their heads buried in the clouds. It'd only take a few more hours and the people who had bad intentions about the Ekwegh family, would slowly wipe them off the surface of the Earth. I tried to warn them, because I knew it wouldn't take long before someone would have to pay with their life. And at all cost, I had to make sure that that someone, wouldn't be my sister. As far as I was concerned, she was the only family I had — besides my grandparents, that is.

This place was popularly known as Dark Alley. And it was feared, because shady businesses went on here. Sometimes, deaths were recorded here, and it was in the most mysterious way of all. Most importantly, this place was feared because of the people that came along during the nighttime. Some had to do with rituals, some came to sell parts, and some basically came to carry out the unthinkable.

I wondered why the government hadn't shut this place down. But I immediately recalled that this is Nigeria. A place where the government seems to be corrupted, and everyone seems to be on their own. The politicians only had their minds set on one thing, and that was getting richer and richer. The government didn't give two sh*ts if the condition of the country was in deep calamity. Why? Well, that's because it didn't concern them. It didn't affect them. Their children didn't have to suffer, and neither did they. It was none of their business. But that was by the way. I had way better things to worry about, than to banter over how messed up this country was becoming.

I was taking a huge risk. One that could lead to my death, or worse, someone else's. Tyrone was a really good friend of mine. The only friend I had left, that didn't run off like the rest, thinking I'd become a psycho. He was one friend that understood me, and never judged me for shutting everyone out, because he knew I was going through real hell. He was one person, who didn't see me as a potential murderer, or a drug addict — like most people assumed. Instead, Tyrone chose to help me. Tyrone chose to take this risks with me. And he already knew that this was a do-or-die situation. Anything could happen. He could lose his life, and as much as that scared us both, he still chose to stay. And I couldn't imagine that someone could even do that for me. I was sure I'd do anything for him, as well. Because this, this was really risky.

Finally, I maneuvered my way to the alley, and the spot where we usually met. And because my phone had already died, I couldn't turn on the flashlight. I just tried using the reflection of the moonlight, to make out a few things.

"Kamsi?" I suddenly heard his familiar voice. With that, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Tyrone," I called out, and heard approaching footsteps. I tried checking to see if it was actually him, but I couldn't make out the figure that was approaching me. But it did look like him. "Thank goodness! My phone just died, and I could barely see a thing. Did you bring the stuff?" I further inquired, but I was shocked to have gotten no reply. That was odd. And that made me think Tyrone wasn't the one with me, here. I felt like I was about to get attacked. Just like last time.