Chapter 18 - Demons.

~Alisa~

_ I've had to cope with the demons in my head all my life. It's funny to think, that were actually my greatest fears _
.
.
.

"You will not be leaving this house, and that is final. Do whatever you wish, say whatever you want... But you will not leave this house!" that was Mr. Ekwegh's voice. And it rose a time higher, a tone harsher. The debate over Kamsi's decision had been on for far too long. And I  was beginning to feel a migraine approaching.

"And you didn't think that when you f*cking sent me away?!" Kamsi yelled, angry at his father. His hands were shoved into his pockets, his nose flared with hot air and Kambili stood by his side; trying so hard to calm him down.

"I've warned you. I am your father, like it or not" Mr. Ekwegh said, and Kamsi let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Father my foot!" Kamsi dared to say, daring him with his darkened eyes. Mr. Ekwegh stared back, and gave his all into trying to hide the hurt accompanied with Kamsi's words.

"Kamsiyochukwu, he is your father. Treated him like—"

"Granny, I've heard that too many times but question myself over and over again if he truly is!" Kamsi yelled, cutting her off. Had he gone mad? Because I wondered if he did.  "He is not my father" Kamsi added, immediately.

"Kamsi, please calm down" Kambili managed to say to him and it seemed like she was the only one he was willing to listen to. He spared her a glance, his gaze still remained hardened, but not as much as it was when he stared at his father; coldly.

"You are not leaving" Mr. Ekwegh said, again.

"Says who? Last time I checked, you threw me out" Kamsi argued.

"That was because I was trying to help you. And this, this , was exactly why I did that!" Mr. Ekwegh yelled in frustration.

Kamsi shook his head, and ran a frustrated hand through his wooly hair. His eyes had pure rage moulded into his woody pools. "I can't deal with this. I can't deal with him either" he said, ready to leave once again, but Kambili stopped him. Did he seriously not know when to stop? Could he not see how much this was hurting her as well?

She had tears in her eyes, and it seemed to have an effect on him. "Kamsi, you are not leaving this house" Mr. Ekwegh still debated, and that only made Kamsi even more annoyed. He turned to spare him a distasteful look.

"Watch me," with that, he pulled Kambili along with him and headed for the door.

"Kamsi! Kamsi!" He yelled, rushing after the two of them.

Where was he taking Kambili to?

Finally, Kamsi halted. His grandparents were by his side now and his father had already gotten right in front of him.

"Get back" Mr. Ekwegh warned.

Kamsi eyed him. "I don't want to have to fight you to get what I want... But if you leave me with no other option, I will" he said, making everyone else - besides Mr. Ekwegh - gasp in shock. Even I gasped, as well.

"You've grown the wings to want to fight your father? Kamsi, can you hear yourself?" Mr. Ekwegh's voice held disbelief, and Kamsi seemed to not care at all.