Chapter 15 - Glitch.

~Alisa~

_A glitch in our bond. Was that all it took for you to throw me out like garbage? Cause I was starting to think you were worth more than the entire stars combined _

.
.
.

"I can't believe she never told me. I mean, she never told ME" he murmured to himself and I fought the urge to snort.

"How depressing!" I muttered and he chuckled at the level of sarcasm reeking from my voice.

We'd been sitting on my window pavement, legs kicking to and fro, and watching as the stars winked down at us.

Bewitching.

They were bewitching, yet I didn't have the time to savor their beauty. I was too worried to even care.

I waited for him to say something, but it seemed like he didn't have anything to say to me. He simply stared at the starry skies and hummed to a song which I didn't know.

At times, I'd make up stupid stories, just to get my mind off moments like these. For instance;

I'd always had a dream, when my knight in shining armor sweeps me off my feet and we would fly to Jupiter and ride on the milky way: anything to flee from the reality of this cruel world. We'd surf through the galaxies, and journey through crazy dimensions - hand in hand. Those dreams were filled with a lot of wanderlust and it hurt cause they were only mere fictional dreams that'll never happen. I mean, friggin Jupiter? The milky way? What?!

Fictional, people! Wake up, Lisa!
Stick with me, woman!

"I'm bored" Dub suddenly announced and I turned to give him a look which had disbelief sewn to it.

"Seriously? Now's the time for that? You don't feel the tension I feel?" I asked, wide-eyed. "I'm literally having an internal meltdown and here you are; not caring. Jeez! And I thought I was the insensitive one!" I further said, and he replied with a shrug, and continued staring at the skies.

"I can't think of anything to fix the problem you both have. Sometimes, when life gives you lemons; make lemonade" he said and I let his words sink in. I got his point, and I understood his reason for haven said that, yet I couldn't count on that.

Lemons? Lemonade? Guy, I need actual advice and not a refreshing drink!

"How?" I murmured my question.

"Hmm?" He finally turned to look at me, his brown orbs seemed to sparkle from the night sky and moonlight.

"I meant, how do I make lemonade?" I asked and he erupted with laughter.

"I didn't mean actual lemonade. It's a saying, dummy!" He laughed again and I huffed and gave him the finger.

"I know that, arse clown! I meant, how do I make things better? Jeez! You're dumber than you look" I rolled my eyes again and he chuckled.

"Well... I don't know how exactly you could actually do that. But I'm sure you'll figure it out" he shrugged and I facepalmed. "Oh, and feel free to marvel at my truth bomb. Don't worry, I won't brag about it" he said, and winked. I, on the other hand, gave an everlasting hiss.