Chapter 5 - Razor Blade.

~Alisa~

_ I'll be your sunshine in the night, and yet I'm still the rain that pours down _
.
.
.

Mr. Tunde, our designated tour guide, led the way through the school's large buildings. The pathway, which led to the school block, was decorated by a lot of flowers and the grounds were equally covered in short, carpeted grasses.

Students perched at various corners of the school block - some, with their books in hand; reading - while others, busy discussing animatedly. Most of the junior students were found running around the classes, and from various classes - I could hear a lot of noise.

Mr. Tunde showed us to the various laboratories which the school owned, and he further enlightened us - in a professional tone - of their excellence and the citadel of their progress. While he continued to explain, my eyes wondered through the cream colored three-storey buildings - which happened to be the school block.

The school block had two three-storey buildings, which were opposite each other. The first one - we were told by Mr. Tunde - was the Junior Secondary School Block, while the last was the Senior Secondary School Block.

As we further toured through the school buildings, my eyes roamed each classroom - well-equipped with adequate teaching facilities, and well-provided with the utmost comfort for all students. Truly, Mrs. Ekwegh wasn't lying when she praised the school for their good standards.

Even their school uniform seemed to appeal to my sense of fashion. It wasn't as pompous and sophisticated as that of Jade Imperial High, but it was way more comfortable for me and much more admirable.

The uniform comprised of a cream colored long-sleeved dress shirt, which had the school's badge sewn to its breast pocket - for the senior students - whilst the cream colored short-sleeved dress shirts were for the junior students. For the senior girls, they wore a black knee-length pleated skirt - with their dress shirts well-tucked into their skirts. While the junior girls wore black pinafores - over their cream colored dress shirts. The senior boys, each wore penciled, black trousers - whilst the junior boys wore black shorts. They also wore black ankle-length socks and a pair of black dress shoes.

Each student had a black neck tie tied to their necks - well, most of them did. Whereas the rascals amongst them chose to hang their ties, loosely, on their necks. Some even had their ties in their hands.

"You there! Hey! Iroko!" Mr. Tunde yelled, beckoning on a really tall, dark skinned boy.

The boy was undoubtedly attractive, and had his tie in his hand. He surprisingly had wine red lips and carved brows. He had a firm jawline, and well sculpted features that could make one admire him for far too long. He even had his school trouser, sagged. His hair was done in a punk hairstyle and he had a bubble gum in his mouth as he chewed noisily, with a nonchalant look on his face.

"Sir?" He replied, nonchalantly. His voice was really deep, but admirable. He hurriedly approached us and sent a cheeky smile to Mr. Tunde.

"Oga boss! I hail oh! Well-done, sir!" He hailed, lifting his hands up in fists, and Mr. Tunde eyed him in reply. With the boy's reply, I could tell he was a huge noisemaker.

"My friend, will you put on that tie of yours?! Why must you always go against school rules and regulations?!" Mr. Tunde yelled. To Mrs. Ekwegh, he said: "Please pardon me, ma. I'll be done with him soon" he said, and Mrs. Ekwegh nodded in understanding.

"Thank you, ma" he replied.

Now returning his gaze to the nonchalant boy, he said. "I do not want to meet you dressed like this when I'm done. And make sure you spit that gum out of your mouth. Is that clear?" He said to him, and he shrugged.