Chapter 13 - Cry!

~Alisa~

_ I want to make you cry, and lick your tears and taste just how much I've hurt you _
.
.
.

I was sure I wasn't wrong. And the minute I turned to look at the familiar newcomer, I knew it had to be him.

"Shut up, and go sit down. Would ya?" Yewande replied, and hissed.

I watched as Christian rolled his eyes at him, and gave him the finger. "Screw you" he muttered and finally walked towards me.

I smiled at him the minute he sat down beside me, and he smiled back. I didn't know he attended this school. I'd never seen him here before, but here he was. Dressed in the school's uniform, and grinning at me.

"Christ! Christian, I had no idea you attend this school. Bruh, I'm so happy to see you. For real, never thought I'd even say that" I blabbed and he laughed.

"I hate school. So it's a routine for me to skip school A LOT" he said and I chuckled.

"I feel ya" I replied. I was acting like I didn't have crisis going on at home. Cue the sigh.

Immediately, like a mask, my devastated state found its way back to my face. I was sure he noticed this, and that was why he gave me a pitiful look. "Kambili told me what happened, Alisa. I know you meant no harm but Bili is just that way. She trusts way too easily, and it's hard to get a broken trust fixed - when it comes to her" he said, throwing a hand over my shoulder and drawing me closer. He was hugging me, and I didn't object cause I needed it. He smelt like mint and orange extracts, and a hint of lavender. I loved it, and I loved the warmth that accompanied his hug. It was like the kind an older brother would give his younger sister.

"I know. And I don't blame her for hating me" I said, slowly disentangling myself from him. Although, I didn't want to.

"She doesn't hate you" his eyes softened as he said this.

"She does. Have you seen the way she looks at me now? She looks at me like I disappointed her. Like I've hurt her in the most hurtful way there is. Pure hate for me are evident in those looks" I replied and Christian sighed and leaned in on his chair.

"Quit thinking that. She doesn't hate you"

"She does. You're just being nice by saying that, and I get it. But I hate lying to myself. I'm sure it won't take long before they kick me out of the house" I said and that got him staring at me, wide-eyed.

"Don't say stuff like that" concern laced in his words.

"Why? It's the friggin truth!"

"Just because she's mad at you, doesn't mean she'll have you sent out of the house that way. She really likes you, and the Bili I know would never do anything to hurt anyone. Especially not that"

"That was before she started hating me. I've been through a lot in my life. And that's what always happens, Christian" I replied, staring into space with an emotionless expression on my face.

"Turning into a sadist, huh?"

"No. I'm just... Being realistic"

"You mean cynic?"

"No. They're two different things. I hate getting my hopes up" I sighed.