Chapter 19 - Home.

~Alisa~

_ Home's never perfect. Our home's a special place, that only you and I know. We spent our childhood in this place, in this chaos and in this prison. But it's ours. And it's far from perfect, and yet, so perfectly imperfect.  _
.
.
.

On Sunday, no one bothered going to church. The house was extremely quiet, and it felt like a whoosh of stiffened wind, kept blowing over the members of the house. An eery curtain of silence, wrapped us all in its deadly hands, and neither of us, had the guts to speak up.

I was in my room, that sunny afternoon, busy trying to get some homework done. Kambili was right in hers, and Mr. and Mrs. Ekwegh were both out. I didn't even care where they had gone to. Now, I was still busy, minding my own business, when I heard someone call out to me from downstairs. I groaned, and got up from my bed.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, and made my way out of my room, and downstairs. To my surprise, I met Queen, Christian, and Dub. The trio each shot me a smile, and I made to offer then one, but it felt like my lips were frozen and refused to comply.

"For f*ck's sake! Did someone die? This house is literally creeping me out. It's too quiet, and it's barely ever this quiet." Christian said, and I shrugged.

Stiffly, I walked towards them, and sat down. "The past few days, hasn't been our best." I muttered, and that familiar feeling of emptiness, came over me again.

No one said a thing, and Queen simply put a hand over my shoulder. "I won't ask what happened, cause the minute I heard Kamsi came visiting yesterday, I just knew it had to be one of the many dramas that comes along with him. You'll get used to it." I wasn't sure if that was supposed to make me feel better, but I nodded, anyway.

"Bili! Bili! Bili!" Dub yelled, frantically. He walked up the stairs, still calling out for a tired Kambili.

"Butthead, would you please leave her alone?!" Queen yelled after him, and he simply smirked and gave her the finger.

"I didn't come all this way, just to pester her, and not succeed. It's what I do." He said, and we all let out a snort.

Soon, Kambili finally came out of the room. "WHAT?!" We heard her scream at Dub, and Dub shrieked.

"Jesus! Is this you?!" He shrieked again. "You look like Medusa. Only this time, you look like a bus smashed your face and glued it back in one piece. Like gah! Looking at you is hurting my eyes!" He exclaimed, and Kambili hissed.

Soon, we heard descending footsteps, and Kambili soon came to the living room. "You guys really need to learn to quit bringing Dub here. He'll only make me run mad." She said, and Dub laughed.

"Madly in love with me, eh?" He grinned, wiggling his eyes at her. Kambili sighed, and didn't say anything else. It felt like everyone was afraid to say something, and I couldn't blame them.

Luckily, Queen finally broke the ice, and the conversation kept rolling. And for just a few minutes, it felt like everything turned okay. But I was pretty sure, that it was far from okay.

But before they left, Dub made sure to get me out of there, in private. "What's the matter?" I asked, and he gave a sheepish grin.

"I got you something." He said, and handed me the small bag in his hands. I stared at it, then at him.

"You sure there isn't a bomb in there?" I raised an inquisitive brow at him. He simply chuckled, and urged me to take it.