Chapter 2 - Vase.

~Alisa~

_ I'm the star in the Ocean, I'm the grass under your feet _
.
.
.

Calling this place a haven, would be an understatement. It was a sanctuary! Magnificent, elegant, amazing - beyond my reasoning capacity. Whomever had constructed this place, did it all with a genius mindset, 'cause everything fit into the right proportions and the designs were all stunning. Ranging from the stylish ceilings and large chandelier hanging from the ceiling - with colorful and shiny crystals embedded in the gold metal which housed the small, tender white leather light bulbs - down to the flower vases, which housed a lot of artificial flowers... It was an embodiment of beauty and attraction.

The living room was covered in white wallpapers, which had gold abstracts decorating it in an elegant manner. The owners of this place must have a taste for quality materials and exquisite designs - which I fancied and adored.

Their sense of fashion and decoration, down to their inarguable artistic endowment, created a swirl of acknowledgement in my mind.

One could almost taste and smell the hard cash put into this entire mansion. The mini-bar at the left side of the living room, harbored a lot of expensive drinks and wines of various tastes, brands, sizes and colors. My eyes ran through the portraits on the wall. Portraits of my supposed foster family, hung on the walls.

The man was light skinned and extremely tall, whereas his wife was average heighted and equally light skinned. Beside them, stood two children which were undoubtedly theirs. One - a boy - and the other - a girl. They were both light skinned and very attractive.

On the left, stood the boy, who had a neutral look on his face. He appeared to be around my age, or a few years older than I was - that, I couldn't precisely tell. Both his hands were shoved into his side pockets, and he appeared to share similar facial features with his mother, although, he was way taller than she was - blessed with his father's ridiculously tall height instead. I could tell, just by staring at the portrait, that he was forced into taking it with his family. He looked so cold and indifferent, and if I'm not mistaken, he appeared to be rather mysterious and quite spacy.

He had thick, curly hair - which was done in a punk hairstyle, and his eyes were black. They held a certain coldness in them, and even his entire appearance seemed to hold the same. His bushy brows, pointed nose, thin lips - which looked rather chapped (if you ask me) - and the white shiny stud on his left earlobe, left me stunned at his inhumanely handsome features. He was gorgeous, a masterpiece, yet, there was something about him that ticked me off.

The girl, on the other hand, was also tall. It seemed like she shared almost the exact same features with her brother - besides the fact that she was, in fact, a girl. Although, her appearance was much more friendlier and welcoming, as she had on a friendly smile which seemed genuine to me. Her hair was done in blue box braids, which were pulled up in a tight ponytail.

Unlike her brother, she had dimples. I supposed she inherited her dimples from her mother. She was slender, yet had curves in just about the right places. She was clad in a simple black body-hug gown which stopped just below her knees.

I smiled as I stared at the family portrait, but my smile faltered the minute the lady's voice rang in my ears.

"Well, standing there and moping like a stray dog won't help at all. Get in, will you?" she ordered, her annoyingly sultry voice rang in my ears.

I walked into the living room, fully, and took a seat on one of the gold and white plush couches, while Lady Arrogant sat far away from me - I was indeed grateful for that. I absolutely had no time for her endless complaints against me.