Chapter 9 - Dissed.

~Alisa~

_ I won't diss you, as long as you don't diss me. Period!_
.
.
.

As I walked down the school's large and rowdy hallways, one thing ran across my mind. And that was: fitting in. I knew some students stopped to stare, and pass comments. They were the least of my problems at the moment.

"Alisa Chime - I mean, Alisa Ekwegh" I said to the teacher, who had been introduced as my Government teacher.

That moment, the moment I hated the most: when a teacher asks that I introduce myself to the class. I swear, I had almost forgotten my own name.

"A little about yourself, please?" She said, and crossed her arms as she leaned on a desk nearby - her gaze: fixed on me.

I inhaled, and exhaled. I kept asking myself the same thing.

A little about myself... A little about myself. What do I know about myself?

I was at loss for words. At that exact moment, it felt like I didn't know a thing about myself. It felt like I'd lost my memory or time had frozen, cause everything became all foggy.

Maybe it was the stares I was getting from everyone, including the Government teacher. Or the overly irritating and annoying side comments being passed by my supposed classmates. Or both!

"We're all waiting for your reply, Miss. Ekwegh" the teacher said, her arms still crossed as her stern gaze seemed to have become sterner.

"I... I'm, uh..." I cleared my throat. "My name is Alisa Ekwegh" I knew I sounded stupid. Yet, I couldn't control the larger part of me that'd instantly switched to mumu mode.

"I'm sure we've all gotten your name. All I'd like you to do, is introduce yourself to the rest of the class. A few words will do" she grinned. It seemed forced to me, yet I didn't let that bother me too much.

"Oh," the rest of the class snickered while I inhaled and exhaled, shutting my eyes.

Nice work, dumbbell. You just embarrassed yourself.

"I'm sixteen years old. And... I'm new here. And I'm looking forward to fully participating in all the academic activities, along with you all" that was my best shot at trying to sound normal for once, since I'd opened my dirty mouth to talk.

"Thank you. Now, please sit" ordered the teacher.

Hurriedly, I reconciled my butt with my chair and sunk into my seat - slowly dying of embarrassment.

Suddenly, I felt someone poke me from behind. I grunted and shut my eyes, muttering a rain of cusses as I turned around to see who it was.

"Jonathan," I mouthed, and smiled. He smirked, and crossed his arms.

"Miss me?" I rolled my eyes at this point. Honestly, I was happy that he was in my class. At least, I'd have someone that I was familiar with.

"I—"

"Alisa, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want trouble with your teacher on your first day. Please, dear, quit the chit-chat and pay attention. You too, Jonathan" she stressed, as she shot us both with her eyes.

I gulped, and once again; sank into my chair. "I'm really sorry, ma. It won't happen again" I replied, and made sure to avoid eye contact with anyone else.

"Good" she said, her voice: stern, as she returned to the lesson.

* * *

At lunch, Jonathan invited me over, to eat with him and his friends. He had a few friends, and from the looks of things; it seemed to me that he wasn't one of those snobbish guys - like the numerous ones in my current class. Although, I did notice that he was very notorious and a lot of teachers knew him in this school. And not for his good deeds, rather, he was popular for his notorious behaviors.