Chapter 16 - Heroin.

~Alisa~

_ You can only hurt me if I let you, and you can only know me if I show you, cause I'm the heroin, and you're my victim _
.
.
.

By morning, I was first to wake up and I hurriedly prepared myself for school. And when I was finally done with all I had to do, I ate breakfast, with the rest of the family, and fled to school. It was Friday, and that meant the last day of school for the week. Unlike most students, who happened to be eager for the weekends, I wasn't. Instead, I seemed to be dreading the weekends. I wasn't sure what it'd bring, and I had a feeling it'd cause yet another commotion at home.

"Hey" A feminine, yet familiar voice, said to me. I looked to the side, and smiled at Dabere.

"Hey!" I smiled, enthusiastically, and stopped; to hug her. "I missed you, seriously. What happened? Why didn't you come to school?" I asked, slipping away from the hug.

"Issues," came her simple reply. I furrowed my brows, and stared at her in confusion. We'd already stopped walking to class, and were now standing at a corner of the school's massive hallway.

"What'd you mean?" I asked, and she folded her arms and heaved a sigh.

"Lisa, can I trust you? I really need girl advice, and I don't know who else to turn to. I have no sister, and I only have male friends... Mostly" she said, and I nodded to her to continue. "The thing is; I need you to swear to me that no matter what happens, you'll never tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. It'll ruin me, completely" she replied, and I didn't fail to notice the sudden seriousness in her eyes, and in her voice.

She stared at me, eyeball-to-eyeball, and I couldn't suppress the chills that ran through my skin. The fear of the unknown. "Can I trust you?" She asked again, and I nodded my head, affirmatively.

"Absolutely" I replied. With my reply, she scanned the entire hallway, and suddenly grabbed my hand and led the way to the restroom.

"My life is literally crap right now!" She let out, the minute we settled in a stall. I watched as she buried her face in her palms and began to shake her head in regret.

"Lisa... Yewande has ruined my life. I don't even know what to do anymore" she said to me, and I listened attentively. I urged her to continue, and settled my hands on her trembling shoulders.

"You remember that day you heard me yell at someone at the door? That day when you asked about it, and I said I wanted to be alone?" She asked, and I nodded in recognition.

"Well, that day... I was yelling at Tobenna. He's the school's Social Prefect, and I'm sure you don't know him" she said and heaved a sigh. "This is a really long story..." She began, and I urged her to continue, nonetheless.

"You can tell me what's going on. Trust me" I said to her, and she smiled gratefully at me, and continued.

"Earlier last year, Tobenna and I started hanging out with each other. We met at my brother's birthday party, and after that we just kinda clicked. That day, we exchanged phone numbers and soon after; we became pretty close. Too close even" she said, and looked at me, for confirmation. Encouragingly, I smiled at her to go on.

"Finally, he asked me out - after some months - and I agreed to date him. He was so nice to me, and everything was perfect... Not until Yewande came in. I really wish I had been wiser, knowing that he's friends with Yewande and basically ALL of Yewande's friends are his puppets. And unfortunately, Tobenna is one too.