~26

I woke up, a with light filling my head and vision. Everything smelled oddly and funny, there were a few chairs - one occupaded by a handsome and curious man. I tried to get up, but it was strangely difficult.

- What's happening? - I said, still a little dizzy.

The cute man got up, maybe surprised by my sudden act. - It's better for you to stay laid down. - Now, I knew that the handsome and curious man was, the one and only, Maven Calore.

I would be happy if I wasn't mad at him, the previous memories from last night weren't that clear to me, but I knew something was off. Sometimes your wishes come true and, sometimes (for me, more than I wanted to), they don't happen the way you imagined.

- I said, what's happening? - I repeated, trying to sound tough.

- You passed out. - Maven responded, simply.

- Well, duh? That's why I'm in a damn nursery. - I ironically said. - I want to know why!

- You were probably tired. - The King tried to lie, but he was so more nervous than usual.

- You're usually pretty good at lying. I'm surprised.

┅━━━╍⊶⊰⊱⊷╍━━━┅

(Y/n) and Maven stared at each other for about three minutes before one of them actually spoke. The King was too guilty to say something and the princess was just trying to understand what the bloody hell was going on.

- I remembered now. You drugged me. - She finally said; finally staring at his face, the words getting out of her mouth slowly, as if she didn't want to believe her own thoughts.

- What are you talking about? - He looked shocked (sadly, that wasn't enough to trick (Y/n), his hands were nervously figdeting besides his body).

- There's no need to lie Maven! Don't act like I'm an idiot.

Maybe she did wanted Maven to lie, to make her believe it was all just a bad dream.

- They promised you wouldn't wake up... - Maven whispered more to himself than to anyone else.

- Why did you do that? - (Y/n) asked, her voice starting to fade. She didn't want to cry, not in front of him. - There were more people with you... they were silvers from the Merandus House! They... they were whisperers!

Her mind flashed some dark memories from her past - some people, right in front of her tiny bed, torturing her parents to talk. Where did this come from? Jisanda said they died on a war.

He didn't answer - Maven didn't know how to respond her. Well, at this point, he didn't need to. It was too easy to connect the dots.

- You bastard! You can't even answer me. - She said shaking her head and trembling, not being able to believe him. - I thought we were friends, I would never betray you like that!

Then, the quiet King finally spoke. - I... I thought Lakeland was involved with Mare's disappearance.

- You... you didn't even say sorry! - The princess said, getting up rapidly and staggering a little. - Were you using me like your spy all along?

- What? No! - Maven said, trying to hold (Y/n)'s arm while she attempted to leave. - Look, it was all a misunderstanding. Please, don't go. You are not fully recovered.

Maven sounded desperate.

- You should've thought about it before, Sir. - She said, sharply. - Now get away from me!

┅━━━╍⊶⊰⊱⊷╍━━━┅

Maybe Mare and Iris were right, after all...

┅━━━╍⊶⊰⊱⊷╍━━━┅

Hiii, don't forget to warn me if there are any incorrect gramatic spells or any plot holes. Feel free to comment!

Now... how's your 2021 going? Are you all fine? :)

Kisses from your friend, Gabi!!! s2

Do not forget to follow and vote! If you have any suggestions, please message me!