~15

My bare feet were tapping against the cement floor, it felt cold - but it showed me I was alive.

I was not dreaming.

Maven was about to ask me questions. King Maven.

Why was he so interested in me? If I were him, (Y/n) would be already dead.

I thought he was smarter, a disturbed girl could only bring chaos to his crown.

"Why? Why do you have so much nightmares?" He asked his first question, looking intensely at me.

"Huh?" I let out, surprised.

"You heard me".

Then, I begun to think. Why do I have so much nighmares?

Neither I knew the answer, but tried to elaborate one.

The air grew tense as the minutes passed by, me not knowing if I was ready to tell him something so private. Why would I?

Well, no one knows, I guess. But I can't be myself when I'm around Maven.

No, actually, I think it's the other way around.

When you are with him you tend to be yourself too damn much, (Y/n).

┅━━━╍⊶⊰⊱⊷╍━━━┅

- I don't know. - I answered. - I guess I'm afraid. Afraid of never being able to feel or that no one will ever feel for me when I die. It'll be as if I never existed, in first place.

Maven stared at me, confused. - Don't you have anyone? - He almost sounded worried.

- No. - I said. - And now you have only one question left.

I was not going to cry, not in front of him. I had time to do that in my bedroom.

- I got caught. - Maven softly smiled. - Favorite color?

Now was time for (Y/n) to smile, that was easy.

- Yellow. - She answered. - My turn.

And, with that, she lifted her head and started to look at his face.

His pretty and gorgeous face.

┅━━━╍⊶⊰⊱⊷╍━━━┅

I didn't have much time to think of a good question, firstly because I wanted to get out of there and secondly because, if I stared at his face much longer, I wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Damn, it was cold. Maven didn't even offer his coat. What a gentleman.

"And you? Do you have someone that will cry for you at your funeral?"

Maven crossed his legs, thoughful.

Mare would definitely not cry for him, that's for sure.

- No, I don't think so. - he answered.

(Y/n) laughed pretty hard, maybe she was being insensitive. Yeah, she was definitely being insensitive.

- Damn, Maven, we're screwed, huh?

The King opened a big smirk at her. He knew that.

After a few minutes of contemplating what her next question would be, she finally decided a good enough one.

- I can cry for you. - The boy looked confused. - We can be crying buddies.

┅━━━╍⊶⊰⊱⊷╍━━━┅

- Crying buddies? - Maven arched his eyebrows. - Is this another word for friends?

- Well, I think so. - (Y/n) bit her lips, thoughtful. - I never had one to know. So... what do you say? We can be royal mates. - She said, mocking him and pouting, amused.

Maven laughed for the 10th time that day, he didn't know what she did to him.

- Okay, that sounds interesting.

Do not forget to follow and vote! If you have any suggestions, please message me!