~16

After the laughter ceased, Maven remembered (Y/n) that she still had another question left.

- Oh, okay. Let me see... I have one! - She said, still laughing a little, and continued.

- You don't seem to miss your dad, Maven. What's the real reason of not letting anyone into the garden?

That was the question that killed all the funny mood left. Maven was serious again, and started to think of the reason himself. It was true, he didn't miss his dad at all.

- I guess it's because that's where everything started. - He answered, not adding anything else.

- What happened? - The girl was a curious mess.

Mare happened, the Scarlet Guard happened, his crazy love for the only girl he couldn't have started. If only (Y/n) had appeared before...

- You don't have any questions left, (Y/n). - Maven stated, smiling wickedly. - Now, let's get you out of here... and please, do not do anything crazy again; I'll warn my guards that you can enter the garden without permission from now on.

- Huum, I see what you are doing here. Trying to get my attention to something else. Very clever, indeed, King Maven. - (Y/n) said in a playful tone. - Congratulations, you did it. Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

┅━━━╍⊶⊰⊱⊷╍━━━┅

The next morning went quite well, as far as being fine in Norta could possibly be. I didn't have anymore nightmares after I was sent to that cold cells, maybe I was too tired.

I woke up, as early as usual, and got ready to that dreadful breakfast. I would rather stay in my bed and eat here, but Iris warned me that people were beggining to think I had some sort of rare disease and couldn't go out in the sun - so I decided to appear.

And I would also see Maven. It's a win win.

Today I decided to wear some black formal pants and a white shirt, nothing too pompous since there's only people I've already met before.

When I opened the doors and entered the halls I saw something I thought I'd never see. Who did that? I'ts beautiful.

"That's the problem, King Maven, it's too much. And there are no plants, I'm even surprised that the animals here still have somewhere to live."

She stared at the flowers in awe, they were all so vivid and - even better - mostly yellow. Her favorite color. (Y/n) couldn't help but smile at the pretty and small sunflowers and admired them closely. Was this a coincidence?

Did Maven do this to cheer he up? To make her smile?

Oh, god, I hope not. She thought.

That awful King is making it harder to not like him. Dammit.

Do not forget to follow and vote! If you have any suggestions, please message me!