Chapter Four

Bending Emotions

Secret Tunnel Under Republic City

~Asami~

The past week has been difficult for Asami. She still hadn't spoken to Mako. She did feel guilty for trying to get with his best friend. Asami kept saying to herself that it was all for the mission but deep down she knew it wasn't for that at all. The green eyed beauty had fallen hard for the blue eyed woman. The girl knew she had to break up with Mako. She couldn't play him around and mess with the avatar. It wouldn't sit well to her. Asami still had standards and wanted to do this the proper way even if she never liked the boy. She was going to try and stay away from the Avatar for just a few more days.

Asami's father had been ignoring her ever since the day she kissed the Avatar. She knows that her dad didn't approve of this mission. Seeing her with the fireboy made him mad but then she was on top of the avatar.. This man despised all benders. There was no way, not even a single chance on going back now. Her dad knew that once she was with them there was no coming back out of the little mess.

Now the young lady awaits the arrival of a masked man, she was meeting up with Amon to still prove her loyalty as an equalist. She was dressed up as the elite equalist spy all in black. Amon has only ever trusted her and the lieutenant.

"So Asami, I've heard that you've gotten to know The Avatar really well." The masked man spoke.

I knew dad told him, he had every right to.
I betrayed everyone.
I betrayed myself.
But I think that I love her.

Asami looked guilty and spoke. "Yes, I did. We are currently having a little break."

It was all for the mission.

Amon started talking again not sounding disappointed at all. "Who would have thought that you used the boy to get to the Avatar."

Yes, I know that I used him.
It was wrong to do it like that.
I might not like him but he has feelings as well.
I just didn't know that I was going to fall for the ultimate bender.

"You came up with this yourself? I am truly proud of you Asami."

Wait, did he just say that he was proud of me?

"We can now move to the next stage quicker. You can now get all your information and use The Avatar. You can then tell us what Tarrlok and the police are doing."

Use her?

Asami was shocked and nodded. Amon pats the girl's head.

Amon continued "Your dad has told me that his new weapons are ready as well. The Rally is on tonight after the semi finals. So you better get in that bending arena and say hello then leave immediately to get back to our secret rally. We are planning on catching some big named benders. Oh and we are also planning on invading the pro bending arena during the finals. Your job is to get the fire ferrets to the final. As that team are the crowd favourites and it showcases your little Avatar. I want that arena during final night of pro bending full of benders and nonbenders. I want everyone to witness this glorious moment, I want it to be spoken for generations. Your team has to place second otherwise the Avatar won't have her bending oh and she might get hurt."

What have I done? Why did I have to catch feelings for her. I don't want her to get hurt.
They have been playing unbelievably well.
I have to pay the refs for them to lose.
I just don't want anything to happen.

Asami coldly spoke. "I understand what needs to be done Amon."

Amon and Asami shook hands and went their separate ways.