Chapter 48

BENDER BLOCKER JUICE

Chief Beifong's Apartment

Republic City

-Korra-

The Avatar hobbled and had barely made it to the front of Chief Beifong's apartment. She held her stomach and was dragging her feet to the steps. Korra leaned forwards and crouched, feeling nauseous once again. She managed to throw up more of the thick black substance that was in her body in a vase outside. With the palms of her hands she wipes her mouth.

This is getting worse, why can't I get rid of it??

As she prepares herself to knock on the door she has a loss of vision. Everything becomes a blur, she holds her head and leans backwards. She sees a glowing figure in front of her.

Why can't I see too well.. Who are you?

A loud thud could be heard as Korra collapses in front of the apartment.

The Chief of Police barged her front door open. The older woman gasps. "Korra?" She then yells her name as she holds onto the younger woman's unconscious body. "KORRA! SHIT! WAKE UP!" The middle aged woman then screams out her lover's name to come and help. "KYA COME DOWN NOW! IT'S KORRA!!!"

Lin drags the Avatar's body into her home. Kya sprints down wearing her blue Water Tribe robe. She rubs her eyes then gasps at the sight in front of her. "Get her on the couch right now Lin!" Kya yelled out.

The metal bender nodded and once more dragged the Avatar onto the couch. Korra's body was rejecting the poison that had been in her body for over a year now. Her arms and legs began to shake. Even her fever started to skyrocket into boiling temperature. The master water-healer was trying her best to soothe the woman that was on the couch with all she could.

The Chief looked at her partner and spoke. "How long do you think this episode is going to take? This one looks like the worst one yet."

Kya agreed, trying to ease the Avatar's body. "Indeed and still the only way to get rid of it is if she can remove the mercury herself."

Lin placed her hand on her head looking at the passed out Avatar. "I'm worried about her. The last time we tried sh- she couldn't."

"It's okay sweetie, she isn't going to die and I'll make sure of that." Kya said wanting to reassure.

Lin then scoffed and raised her arms up high. "Are you? I am a metal bender who couldn't get the remainder of the metal out of her body!"

Kya looked and comforted her lover. "Lin, it's going to be okay. Trust me, trust her, trust this horrible process."

***Meanwhile Korra...***

Korra starts to wake up, she holds her head and sits up. Still feeling a little out of it she can smell freshly cut grass as she quickly then places her hands on the ground. Her fingers run through the vibrant green grass. She looks down and then around. As she checks her surroundings it appears to be sunny and vibrant.

What in the spirits am I doing here? Where am I? Wait- this isn't the city!? This isn't Chief Beifong's apartment.

The Avatar rocks on to her shoulders to gain momentum and swings forwards jumping onto her feet. She notices a large tree with a bunch of colored flowers.

Oh the spirit world, this is just the spirit world! Nothing can hurt me here but why am I here?

She could sense that something was missing, something felt off..