Chapter Three

It Wasn't Supposed to Be You

The Sato Mansion

~Asami~

It had been a week since the fight with Korra but, The Avatar didn't know it was Asami fighting her that night. Both of the girls had been spending more time together with Mako and Bolin. They grew closer to each other. Asami decided to invite Mako, Bolin and The Avatar over to her mansion for a swim. The green eyed beauty applying freshly new waterproof makeup to hide any bruises that were visible. Most of them had faded. Mako hadn't noticed a single thing. She grabs her classic dark shade of red lipstick to distract people from looking anywhere else.

Oh spirits what would I ever do without you makeup.

There was a knock on the door.

"Umm... Miss Sato, the brothers are have arrived." The servant said.

Asami walked up to the front door and greeted the two brothers into the mansion. Noticing that Korra didn't arrive with them and that bothered her.

"Bolin, where's Korra?" Asami said.

Bolin begins to speak. "Well she said she's busy, I don't know why."

The earth bender jumped on the couch making himself comfortable.

Mako corrects Bolin, "Well, she told me last night she was going to be late because she has another meeting with Tarrlok."

Why was Korra hanging out with Mako at night? Did he say last night? We were all hanging out during the day yesterday and she didn't tell us then.
Why was she with him at night?
Have I been played?
Shake it off.
Wait, he said another meeting? These boys are so stupid talking about secret Avatar stuff. Yet, I am glad that they open up to me like a book. It's a good advantage to have.

Mako leans in to gently kiss Asami. She then wraps her arms around his neck and smiles at the boy. He places his arms around her waist.

Why did I move my arm like that, it still hurts.

"I know you've been busy with all the new Sato projects but I've missed us time." Mako softly spoke into her ear.

Us time... Gross... Play along Asami.

The girl then continues the kiss.

Mako is so bad at kissing. It's like I'm kissing poison, leaving me with a sick feeling in my stomach. I don't actually like this boy at all. Why was I jealous just then?
I've gotta stop overthinking.
Ugh what's wrong with me! My mother would be disgusted with me kissing a firebender.

"Guys, I'm right here? Go somewhere else if you're going to be all over each other." Bolin said, cringing.

Thank you Bolin!

Asami chuckled and said "Probably best if we stop now Mako but, I really do miss us time."

Did that just really come out of my mouth.
Us time. Gross. I hate that term.
It makes me sick.

"I was wondering if you were all still interested in having a swim?" The girl spoke with ease.

"Boy, do I want to!" Bolin said, jumping off the couch.

Korra better show up because I can't cope with these two all by myself.

They head to the pool. Asami in her black tight one piece swimsuit and the boys just in board shorts. Another knock on the front door. Mako and Bolin dive straight into the pool.