Chapter Nine

Showtime

Air Temple Island

~Korra~

Today was a day that Korra was going to never forget. The young water tribe woman waking up all alone. The person she loved had left her sometime in the early morning. She knew that Asami had gone to meet up with Amon and start the plan.

Please be safe
Don't die

There was a note left on her bedside table and it said, "Good luck with the game babe. Make it out alive and I'll take you out on a date."

*Knock*

"It's me Mako, you told Bolin and I to meet up with you. Pema answered the door and said that you're not even up!" Mako said slightly irritated.

Ugh mornings are the worst

"We are here to talk about tonight's plan against Amon.. Remember?"

Korra not in the mood spat back."Yes Mako! How can I forget about such a big fucking thing!"

Every bender will be counting on me

Mako spoke back calmly "Okay, alright just get ready and come out once you are done."

—————————-

Pro Bending Arena

~Asami~

Meanwhile Asami was already at the arena. She was in her all tight black equalist clothing with the traditional mask and goggles. The spy was going to stay and wait at The Masked leader's office but instead she decided to join the meeting that was taking place. Amon was giving a debrief to his trusty lieutenant and lower ranked chi blockers on what to do when the lights go off when the teams are on the playing field. The Elite Spy opened the door and everyone got up and bowed at her.

What have I done?
Was this a set up?

"So good to see you up and early my Elite Spy. You have managed to get the Fire Ferrets to the final. After tonight we will all live equally."

You hurt her, I will kill you

"Good job on convincing The Avatar, Asami." Amon cheered

Tonight I will gladly die for Korra

The Lieutenant laughs out, "I couldn't believe that you basically got The Avatar whipped for you! Amon said that she doesn't even know that you are one of us."

Yeah... one of you...

"I do have to admit, I thought that when you and Amon came up with this plan it wasn't going to work out. You also fooled us when you decided to save The Avatar and the police. Good to know that you are here with us. I guess there is a reason on why you are called our Elite Spy."

I would rather bleed out than to ever be working with you again

My loyalty is to Korra

Asami now lying through her teeth, "I am just here to make this world a better place for all of us."

Amon nods at the young Sato. The whole team of Equalist started clapping and cheering.

Oh spirits what am I doing
This feels so wrong

After the meeting had finished everyone was off to their positions. Asami was about to leave but that's when Amon grabs her shoulder.

The Masked Leader spoke softly, "I will gladly have you by my side at every single moment of tonight and watch The Avatar's last breath. You will get to see the revolution up close. Thank you Asami for all your hard work to us."