CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Need Answers

Sato Mansion
Republic City

~ Asami ~

Both Jargala and Mako were absolutely shocked with what Asami had just said. The earthbender shook her head and the firebender dropped the paper in his hands.

Mako looked tensely into the nonbender's eyes and shouted. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND ASAMI?"

I knew that you wouldn't like this idea
But I need to know who was behind all of this
I need answers

"Are you insane?"

Insane?
You would do the same if you found those who killed your family

Jargala put her hand on Mako, "Let the woman explain herself even if it's not the best decision."

You can't talk, you've made worse decisions Jargala

Asami grunted, then spoke up. "I knew that the both of you would freak out. I just want to finish what they had started. They took my mother from me and they are still alive roaming around freely. I'm not asking you to go and help me catch them but I just wanted to let you know what I'm going to do."

Mako got up off the lounge and handed over the list of names. "Asami, I will give you this but if you ever need assistance I've got your back."

I don't know how I feel about this
Why do I trust him now?

"I'm serious Asami, I'm done with our whole past. I'm sorry for all the shit I have done. I'm here to help."

Are you serious?

The Creeping Crystal leader chuckled, "Wow Mako... You think that Miss Sato here is good at forgiving people?"

Like you think I don't know that Jargala!
You don't need to say it out loud

"Jargala, stop. If you want to join us or help me you can but let him regain himself." The CEO snapped back.

Jargala raised her hands up in the air. "Okay, okay. I won't be working with him, only you. Whatever Mako has written on that piece of paper are just names. I still don't trust this firecop. If you need me for anything you know my hideout Sami."

Thank you

Mako looked confused then spoke up. "Why have you decided to do this now anyways? Is it because Korra isn't here to stop you from doing something so dangerous?"

This has nothing to do with Korra!

Asami clenched her fist at the comment about her girlfriend. The firebender noticed that he had said something out of hand and crouched down towards the nonbender. He then placed his hand on Asami's. "Look, I know what you think about doing is for the best. My family got killed as well and I never wanted to find those people. When you read those names on the paper and try to find them it won't give you any clarity."

You became a triad
You ended up trying to make deals with those evil men

"I do have to tell you though, most of the people in this list have passed away and the only ones who are alive I assume are living another life because they aren't on our system."

Another life?

Asami removed her hand from Mako and then looked at the paper that was in her hands. The firebender couldn't read the facial expression on the young CEO's face. Jargala sat there with her drink still in her hand watching the others have their moment.