CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

Return of the Equalist

Chapter Artwork Credit: Instagram: wadi_korrasami TikTok: wadi_Im

*Disclaimer*

Torture and Violence

Sato Mansion

Republic City

-Asami-

The young CEO was just arriving at her estate from that quick meeting with the President. She was still in disbelief that Raiko was just going to hand her the whole city without any hesitation. As she was driving up into her driveway she then saw a black Satomobile parked at the front. This feels like déjà vu. If it's fucking Kuvira I will add her to the room with Naoki. Asami then parks her car and then notices a male figure knocking at her door. Who the fuck? She starts walking up to the man. As the CEO was getting closer she noticed from behind that the person was in uniform.

Fuck, it's Mako!

What could he possibly want from me now?

The tall nonbender raised her eyebrow and spoke to the police officer that was unaware of the person behind him. "Clearly something is wrong if you are banging at my door like that officer."

Mako jumped and turned to face the nonbender. "Asami! Where were you just now huh?"

He looks like he has seen a ghost. He is pale and looks a little stressed..

The green eyed beauty started to play around. "Why are you questioning me? I thought that you wanted to work and patch things out with me?"

Mako became frustrated and hit the wooden door. "Shut it Asami, you know damn well why I'm here!" He then proceeded to point at the woman that was in front of him. "Where is my mother!?"

She's going to be dead very soon. How would he know that I would have her though?

The woman chuckled. "I don't know what you are talking about but if I ever saw your pathetic shitty mother she would be dead right now and I would be showing the whole world."

The firebender raises his hands in the air clearly defeated and angry. "You're fucking lying Asami! I know it was you, just hand over my mother and drop this whole act!"

Act? Is he really calling it an act? Why would you want to let your mother who abandoned you as a child live? She has probably killed many people in her lifetime and you would still give her the benefit of the doubt? SHE TORTURED YOU!

Asami flicks her wrist and acts like she is innocent and had nothing to do with the disappearance of the officer's mother. "Mako! I don't know what you are talking about. How about I pour us a glass of Cactus Juice and you can tell me what's wrong."

I am curious why you think it's me..... I have my guesses but I want to hear you.. Tell me why you think it's me and with evidence. I am the only one that knows the true answer and there is no evidence pointing at me.

Clearly Mako was getting something out of his chest when he started talking again. "What's wrong? Asami, you acted like a total bitch when Jargala and I saved you. You haven't been reaching out to us before the whole kidnapping situation.."

Has it ever occurred to you that I am not your friend or are you just dumb?

He tapped the woman's chest. "Oh and as if you don't know about the newest weapon that someone is using around the city?"

Asami pulls out the keys to her estate and unlocks her front door, calm and collected. She then shrugged as she then faced the firebender once again clearly acting as if she was unaware of what was happening. The nonbender continues to lie through her teeth. "I haven't heard about a new weapon, so that's news to me.."