Chapter Eighteen

Just Like Old Times

~Korra~

Mako?

Why?

This isn't like him to just throw everything away

After everything we have been through together and he does this

I trusted him

I thought he grew out of his Triad days

I thought that he became a better man

He has it all now, a pro bender and a police officer.

Why would he turn his back on the good life he has?

Asami blurted out, "Mako is the new leader of the Triple Threat Triads. He- he is obsessed with you Korra."

I don't understand why he is so obsessed?

I had no feelings when we were together

I know that I shouldn't have used him like that

I do feel bad for but why join the Triple Threats?

Why become their leader?

"He is willing to destroy my life to get to you. I get that we might have hurt him but Mako has gone crazy. He is using his officer badge to hide the fact he is the new Triad leader. He is too dangerous now Korra. He knows too much."

He really thought that making himself a Triad Leader would win me over

That boy really thought he could hurt Asami and get away with it

He shot her with lighting

He threatened Asami and that crosses the line

Korra turns her head and punches the wall, "I AM GOING TO HURT HIM."

Asami hops off the sink and cups the other woman's face. She calmly spoke, "No Korra, I will deal with the Triple Threats trust me. I need to stay here in Republic City for a bit. Now, what did Iroh want?"

I can't just leave you here all alone

But I have to leave tomorrow

I just need to know that you'll be safe

A frustrated Avatar spoke, "I have to capture my uncle. I have no other choice but I can't just leave you here all alone."

There was a pause. The two young women held hands tightly. Pain in both of the woman's eyes, stinging like papercuts on skin.

This hurts so much

I don't want to leave you

"Promise me that you will be okay here. Promise me that you won't do anything stupid. Just promise me that when I am away you are going to be safe Asami. Mako was reckless tonight and bent lightning on you. He could have killed you Asami!"

There was a slight pause and the Avatar's voice broke as she spoke. "I- I can't lose you again. I don't think I can handle it this time Asami."

~Asami~

I can't promise anything right now

They are watching my every move

But for your sake I won't do anything just yet

Asami leans in closer. Both foreheads now touch. Tears started to form around Korra's crystal blue eyes. Those blue eyes staring into vibrant green eyes, the non bender reassured the Avatar, "Yes Korra, I promise you that I will be safe here."