CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

The Past Should Stay Dead

*Disclaimer*

Trauma/PTSD/Depression, minor alcohol abuse & minor violence

Healing Hut

Southern Water Tribe

~Korra~

Today was the last session that The Avatar was willing to do with Master Katara. The previous ones weren't as successful as the young watertribe woman would have liked. Her mother was begging for Korra to just keep trying, to not give up. As Korra did well in the physical therapy sessions, the waterbending Master just couldn't figure out why Korra had these terrors. Katara couldn't understand why The Avatar can't get back into the Avatar State. This was a big issue for Korra to continue being the Avatar. Korra was beyond restless, she was angry.

This isn't useful

The master of all elements couldn't look at the old waterbender in the eye. Katara sat in front of the young woman and spoke. "Korra, you need to relax. You haven't been resting up lately and I can tell that your mind is elsewhere."

This isn't helping at all!

Of course my mind is elsewhere!

"Focus on the now, on the present. That is how you can move on. Let go of Zaheer, let go of your uncle and let go of Amon. Think about what you can achieve when you focus on the future."

You don't understand how I'm feeling!

Amon took my bending, he bloodbended me, in the end I didn't even beat Amon.. Asami did.

My uncle tried to kill me and I didn't beat him either.. Asami did.

At this point in time I feel like Asami is more worthy to be the Avatar, not me!

Then Zaheer.. He poisoned me, he killed my father in front of me, he then tried to suffocate me. He might be locked up right now but it still feels like he is a part of me.

"How do you think Aang felt when he realised that his whole race was gone?"

You are seriously going to use Aang against me?

Korra didn't say a single word.

"Look... Korra, you shutting everyone down and letting the past replay over and over again isn't going to help you move forward."

You don't get it!

It's not like I wanted to shut people out, it's just better if I did

Nobody needs to add me to their stress list

Asami should go and find someone else

My mother should just forget about me

I'm broken and I know that

Nothing and no one can fucking fix me

Korra stood up and huffed out. "Master Katara, I think we are done here. I can stand and I can pick up things on my own now. That's why I was here, that is all."

I shouldn't be here

"Korra, wait. You can't just give up like that." Katara said as she reached out with her arm.

I didn't give up, I'm just not the Avatar anymore

The world can just figure it out on it's own

"You still need to get into the av-"

The Avatar cut the master healer off and firmly said. "I said that we are done. I am done and I am leaving." She stood up from her seat.