CHAPTER THIRTY

SUFFER

(PART ONE)

*Friendly Disclaimer*
*Violence and Possible Character Death*

AIR TEMPLE ISLAND

REPUBLIC CITY

~Mako~

Dear Spirits, if any of you are here please show yourselves now

Only the Spirit World knows how to help me now

I need help, I need guidance

Zaheer was right in front of the firebender. He had airblasted the door shut. Now it was just Mako and Zaheer completely all alone in the room. The airbender didn't want anyone walking into this. Nobody knew that he was there in the temple. Mako was confused, he was nervous, he was beyond startled. The firebender tried to show no emotion towards the man that was in front of him but his mind was on overdrive. He was overthinking just about everything.

He is back

He is here

Where did he go?

He is going to kill me right here, right now.

There was an unsettling silence as the two men stood staring at each other. They knew that they couldn't trust each other at this point. The room felt full yet it was almost empty. All it had was a wooden single bed and a bedside table. The air in the room felt like it had become thick, Mako felt like he was suffocating. The Triad Leader was a nervous wreck. Zaheer could tell that Mako was absolutely afraid of what he could do. The older man started to chuckle.

What the fuck wrong with him?

Why is he laughing?

Zaheer took a step closer towards the firebender, "Oh Mako.. Mako.. Mako.. You just don't get it." The pause was deafening for Mako.

I don't get what?

Keep talking

Silence makes it worse

"I know that you are conflicted with this plan. You are scared but that doesn't mean that you should abort the mission now."

I really want to leave this

I want things to go back to normal

Please just don't hurt Korra

Korra

What have I done?

"You and I are too far in now."

No, there is still time

Mako wanted to stand up for himself. He snapped, he clenched his fist and then held on to his flame. "You listen to me Zaheer, we can still drop out of this."

Zaheer shook his head with disapproval. "Mako, we have done things to the Earth Kingdom. They have no queen. There is no leader in Ba Sing Se at the moment. We have done so much but why should we stop now? The Avatar is going to come here and that is when there will be peace."

Peace?

What are you going to do?

The firebender had lost his temper.