Chapter Forty Seven

Where I Went Wrong 

(Meanwhile...)

Future Industry Tower

Republic City

-Korra-

Pain. Sickness. Guilt. They were the emotions that the young Avatar was feeling as she stepped out of the Sato office. She then starts to question herself.

I don't know where I went wrong.

How did it even get so bad?

Was it all my fault?

How didn't I see this coming?

Korra held on to her own breath as she closed Asami's office door.

Fuck! That's it. It's done.

We are done. Fuck!

It was as if she was drowning. She felt sick in her stomach. She couldn't breathe properly. The young watertribe woman was in shock that Asami had just ended their relationship without hearing her side.

So that is definitely it? She told me that she- we can't be together. The only person who never once saw me as just the master of all the elements, she ended it with me. Shit! I love her, I really do! I just-

Korra's back leaned against the office door, tears now streaming down her face like a waterfall. She looked up to the ceiling pondering how things had gotten so bad.

This is what I get. I deserve that. It was completely my fault.

Now realizing that it was indeed only herself to blame.

I really messed up but I had my reasons.

Asami had every reason to be mad at me but she didn't let me speak. She didn't let me fix what I had broken between the two of us. That's not fair.

I understand that I wasn't there for her when she needed me the most. I feel bad, I should have been there for her. Too bad I was too stubborn and chose to ignore everyone, most importantly her for a whole year. She needed to understand that I didn't want her seeing me at my worst.

Everything was now a mess and Korra knew that she couldn't do anything to fix the relationship she had with the now President Sato. She sighed with her heart feeling so heavy and felt as if it was bound to explode out of her chest.

I'm such an idiot. We could have had it all.

She hits her own head with the palms of her hands feeling stupid.

I could have helped ease the pressure that she has going on right now. Instead I wasn't there and I didn't know. I just didn't know. That's on me, that was my fucking fault.

A loud pair of heels walking down the hallway startled the Avatar who was still leaning on her former lover's office door. The noise had startled the weeping Avatar. Korra tried to wipe her tears from her face as quickly as she could, she didn't want to be seen like this. She didn't want to be seen heartbroken and weak, what kind of Avatar shows their vulnerability?

Shit, shitt! I can't look like a mess in front of people!

The soft voice of Asami's assistant spoke. "It's going to be okay, Avatar Korra." She placed her hand on the Avatar's shoulder, trying to console. "I heard that there was some yelling and the door being shut. I'm just here to check up on everything."

Well, there is nothing to check up on anymore.

You aren't going to see me here anymore.