Chapter Sixteen

Fire

Republic City

~Korra~

Korra and Asami finally arrived back in Republic City. The boat ride was a bit choppy but they made it. It was getting quite late. The city lights turned on as the sun faded away. The bender holding her girlfriend's hands. They were so happy together. Just as the two young women were getting in the satomobile an officer car pulled up.

I swear if it is Mako...

A familiar middle aged woman stepped out and spoke, "Welcome back to Republic City Asami and I- I didn't expect to see The Avatar here little Miss. Sato. I heard that the two water tribes have a war brewing. I thought she would be staying over there to fix it."

Nice to see you Chief Beifong

The young Sato spoke, "Oh.. Korra, she is just here to help me talk to Varrick. After the meeting we will be heading back. It is just business like usual."

Lin rolls her eyes, "Yeah sure.. business.. I am not dumb Miss. Sato. The way you two look at each other makes it obvious that you two are together. I knew ever since that time you saved us from your father that you and Korra had some tension. Anyways none of my business I am just here to say welcome back."

Is it that obvious?

Asami smiled and thanked the Chief.

"Also, I think you girls have broken Mako. He came back earlier today and hasn't stopped working. He wasn't supposed to be scheduled to be in till next week. It's like he is possessed by something. One of my officers started talking about how good it is to see Asami take her father's company and make good use of the technology Mako then snapped."

Not even ten minutes back and I hear that stupid name

"Once again none of my business"

——————————

Future Industries Tower

~Asami~

It's so good being back

Even better now that I am not alone

The weather in the Southern Water Tribe was killing me

Thank spirits that Korra was there to keep me warm

The young Sato opens her office door and they wait for the arrival of Varrick. She rereads the paper that the Southern Man had given her making sure that there was nothing hidden in the paperwork. Korra was fiddling with all of Asami's desk objects. Clicking pens and sharpening all the blunt pencils.

Such a child, I love her to bits

Korra stumbled across a family photo and broke the silence, "Is that your mother?"

Asami smiles softly and says, "Yes, that is my mother."

Korra places the photo down and gently hugs the other woman. "You look just like her, she was a beautiful woman. Look at you!! Super tiny and cute in that family photo."

You are so sweet babe

Asami bends down to softly kiss Korra's forehead. Such a soft moment between the two young women.

I just want this moment to last forever

So peaceful

Varrick barged in and said, "Hey kiddos, I'm glad that you received my letter. What do you want to do Asami, are you going to help our tribe or not?"