Chapter Fourteen

Start A War

~Korra~

What is so damn important to be having an emergency this late at night!

Korra was in a foul mood for being interrupted once again during an intimate moment with Asami. She walks out of her room holding on to her girlfriend's hand. There was a group of people at the Chief of the Southern Tribe's home.

Why?

Why are they all here?

Tonraq spoke, "Good, I'm glad that everyone is here right now for the meeting."

What the fuck is he on about?

"As you may all know by now the Northern tribe troops are marching into our land. There is no need to panic, I am here to tell you that I am aware of what has been happening and I assure you that-"

Varrick cuts the chief of the South off, "We must protect this tribe whilst we still have pride and dignity. Unalaq must be stopped!"

No, we can't start the attack!

The people in the tent agreed with Varrick. Korra was confused and spoke up, "Unalaq is just trying to help protect the Southern Portal. The portal in the North needs to be opened as well. This will help us reconnect with the spirits."

Varrick continued to speak, "Now Korra, listen in carefully. Unalaq is trying to claim us Southerners. His troops are here right now. What are you as the Avatar going to do about this problem? You seriously aren't going to pick their side over your own?"

Excuse me?

Korra becomes frustrated, "No I am not going to pick sides. Just let me talk to Unalaq. I'll try and tell him to make his people look like they aren't invading."

They can't be right?

Unalaq wouldn't do that.

Tonraq agrees with his daughter, "Korra is right. She needs to talk to Unalaq before we do anything rash. We can't make mistakes, she needs to guide him to the right direction."

You are actually listening to me Dad

"Now I'll get everyone in for another briefing in a few days. Right now don't panic, don't start anything you may regret. Now everyone have a good night."

Was Unalaq invading?

Did he use me?

Korra wasn't going to just stand around and wait to talk to her uncle. Just as her father was about to approach her but that is when The Avatar jumped on Naga.. The polar bear dog was going as fast as she could. It was dark outside barely seeing the footpath. She finally arrives at Unalaq's residence.

"Nice to see you again Avatar Korra.. Is there something wrong?" The Chief of the North spoke.

Yes, you are going to tell me everything right now

Korra spoke up, "You are sending the wrong message to the Southern Tribe uncle. You need to back down. This could create a civil war between the two tribes."

Unalaq shakes his head, "A civil war will only disrupt the balance between the two worlds.... Only the Avatar can stop this war. You better talk to your father.

What do you mean?

As Korra was leaving, a group of Southerners were sneaking in. One of them was built like Korra's own father. Their faces had been covered up. They were planning on taking the Northern Chief.