Chapter Seventeen

Triad

~Asami~

The two young women sat in the lounge waiting for the Chief of police to arrive. Asami was still holding on to the unopened letter. Korra noticed the wax on the back of the envelope had a logo and it was not just any logo..

Why are they messing with me now?

Korra held on to her lover and spoke up,"Are you sure that you want to open the letter now? Lin could be here at any moment.. We could just wait for her."

I can't wait anymore

They just burned my house

Asami's looks into the other woman's blue eyes and sighs out, "Babe, I need to open this now. I am sick of waiting for things that are right in front of me."

The Avatar wasn't going to change Asami's mind. The young Sato opens up the letter and reads it out loud, "Dear Miss Sato, I hope that you had a good little vacation. Now that you are paying attention and reading this letter you must know that this attack was on purpose. There is now a new Triad leader in town but they remain a secret to the people of Republic City for now and your little secret of being a spy is safe with us. You took our former leader straight to Amon and he lost his bending so we had no choice but to remove him permanently. Miss. S, you have a lot of money and a lot of new weapons and we want it all. You also have gotten quite close to The Avatar. She seems to be wrapped around your fingers. You better tell Avatar Korra to stay out of our way. Oh.. I won't tell anyone that Avatar Korra was fooling around with the Elite Equalist Spy. If you ever want to meet up in person you know where to find us. Please consider working with us Triads or we will expose you to the world Asami Sato. Kind regards, your new Triad Leader"

What the fuck?

How do they know about me being close with Amon?

How do they know about Korra and I?

Both women were in shock after what they just had read. Asami knew that she was now in danger. Korra clenched her fists and took this as a threat.

Korra now holds her girlfriend's hand. She spoke with worry and great anger, "This is really bad Asami. I have so many things to do right now and to add to the list is your safety. Knowing the Triads this could be a bluff but I don't want to take any chances."

You are so sweet Korra but I can handle this

If they know all of this we have no choice but to join them

Asami gets up off the couch and says, "Korra, I know this is bad. They aren't just messing with me, they are messing with the both of us. Our life, our reputation, our future is all on the line. We have to keep this to ourselves. We can't let anyone know about this letter, about the Triple Threat Triads. We-"

Korra cuts the older woman off, "We- what? Asami you can't just give them your technology. You can't give them top of the line Future Industry products. They are blackmailing you. I need to find out who this so-called new leader is and put an end to them before they take anything away from you."

I love you Korra but hurting them will send the wrong message to everyone.

I really don't want to start anything in Republic City.

You are supposed to make the war between the two tribes a priority not me

Asami shook her head, "Sending a negative message like that to them could ruin me Korra. If they have proof about me being a spy that is going to destroy every I have. Please for me, just don't do anything or tell anyone about this. Not even Chief Beifong. Let me talk to them first."