1

Natalia's POV

No, no, no.

I beg to whatever or whoever might be listening.

God, please. No. Not this. Not right now.

"Nat." Grayson says, getting my attention.

"Hmm?" I hum in reply.

"You're staring off." He laughs. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." I say with a nod. "Just feeling a little...tired." I say, trying to find any excuse other than the one in my head.

"Okay..." He says with a quizzical look. "Anything that I can help with? Want me to tuck you into bed?" He asks.

"No, it's fine." I say with a chuckle. "I'm just...yeah." I say, running a hand through my hair.

"Well, take a nap here. I need to run back over to the office for a minute. Grab some stuff and check in on the new hires. Want me to pick up something for dinner? Or do you want me to cook?" He asks, grabbing his car keys from the counter.

Ever since Grayson started his new therapist, he has a new confidence that I absolutely adore. Things like going to pick up food, driving his own cars, and communicating with new people have become easy for him, Sure, there are still things that make him uncomfortable, but his confidence in himself now is amazing.

I love absolutely love him.

"You know what sounds absolutely amazing right now?" I say, batting my eyes in a loving way.

"Carne Asada." He smiles. "I can text your Mom and see if she'll get it made for us. I'll pick it up on the way. I needed to take her all of the Tupperware anyways." He laughs.

The Tupperware is the one thing that my Mother constantly annoys us about. She sends us away with it and then grills us about it until she gets it back. Grayson ended up getting her the biggest case of Tupperware that Costco had.

"If I'm asleep by the time that you're here, wake me up." I say.

"Got it." He smiles before kissing me gently. "Hang tight. I'll see you in a bit. Two hours- max."

"Be careful. Love you!"

"Love you most." He smiles as he leaves the apartment. I wait a minute to see if he comes back into the apartment. When he seems to be gone, I quickly rush into the bathroom and take the plastic bag out from under the sink.

"God, please don't let this be what I think it is." I mutter to myself.

I look down at the box in my hands. This can't be the end of the world, right? No. Chances are, this isn't even...that. This is just a late period. That's all.

God, please let that be all.

I open the box and pull a test out of the box. Clear Blue has no idea that they're banking off of my fear right now. Thankfully, I have enough urine in my system to get this done right now.

When I finish, I carefully place the lid back on the test and set it onto the counter. There's no need in setting an alarm. I'm sure I won't forget about the life altering test waiting for me.

"This is okay." I mutter, praying that the words are true. I exit the bathroom and head to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"I guess if I'm pregnant...I can just..." I speak to myself, hoping that I can figure out the answer aloud.

I jump when I hear my ringtone going off.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey! Are you home?" I hear the soft voice asking into the phone.