22

Natalia's POV

When I see Grayson's name across my phone, I answer immediately. No matter how much time passes, I will always feel my heart flutter at the sight of his name.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Natalia. Hi." He exhales in relief.

"Hey. Everything okay?" I ask nervously.

"Yes." He answers. "I was just wondering if you have talked to Sofia about the wedding?"

"Yeah, I have. That's Tomorrow, right?" I ask.

"It is. It'll be at our house. Well. I guess my house." He mutters.

"That's what she told me." I say awkwardly.

"Sorry. I know I haven't texted or called in months. I just...I was wondering if you would like to go to this wedding together."

"Together?" I ask in nearly a whisper.

"Yes." He replies. "As in, my date."

"Why?" I question with a sigh.

"Because I don't want to go with anyone else." He replies.

"And because your parents will be there." I sigh.

He doesn't comment on this, and that's enough of a reply for me.

"Have you even told them about this?" I ask.

"No." He replies. "I'm going to, though. I just haven't found a way to do it yet."

"So you think that when I show up with you, that will be saying enough?" I question.

"That's not the only reason that I want to go with you, Nat." He sighs.

"It's fine." I mutter.

"If you don't want to go with each other, that's fine. I just don't know how to tell that that you're having a baby. Let one the fact that we've broken up." He replies.

As much as it hurts me, I know that he's right. I know that ultimately, he's only asking me to go with him because of his parents. While this hurts, I get it. I really do.

"No, it's fine. It'll be easier if we just go together." I reply. "What time should I be there?"

"Well...they're coming over today." He says with hesitation in his voice.

"Oh." I reply. "And we're supposed to be living together."

"Yeah." He sighs. "We are."

I'm silent as I wait for him to continue. When he doesn't add anything else, I add, "So when do I need to come over?"

"Well." He exhales. "I would like for you to spend the night."

He wants me to spend the night? It's one thing to go as his date to Sofia and Shane's wedding. It's another thing to spend the night with him. In reality, it would be more than just a night.

"How long are they going to be staying with you?" I ask.

"Only two nights. Tonight and then the night of the wedding as well. After that, they're going home."

"I don't know, Gray." I sigh. "Won't that be awkward?"

"I'll sleep on the couch." He suggests.

As awkward as this might be, I don't want him to sleep on the couch. I want for us to sleep in the same bed. I want for everything to be normal. I just want my boyfriend back.

"Fine." I reply.

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm sure. Let me pack a bag and I'll head over, yeah?"