17

Natalia's POV

" Welcome to mi casa." Jose says, opening the door to the house I am still pretty familiar with.

"It's exactly how I remember it." I say with a smile.

"Well, not quite the same. But it's home." He says with a small smile.

"They always had the best smell to their home. I loved it." I smile.

"I try cleaning with all of the same stuff they did. Fabuloso morada." He smiles.

"Only morada. It's the best." I laugh.

"Si indeed." He laughs. "Anyways, come on. I'll show you your room." 

"Let me grab my stuff real quick." I say, turning to head back to my car.

"No! I'll get it. Don't worry." He smiles.

"I can get it, Jose." I laugh.

"I know you can. However, what kind of man would I be if I let you get it on your own? Let me do all of the heavy lifting." He replies.

"It's not even heavy." I reply.

"Hush, love. Come on. Let me show you the room." He replies, ushering for me to follow him down the hallway.

I follow him towards the last room on the left. I look at the room that used to be his parent's room. It's the master bedroom in the house, and I know it's the only with with the bathroom in the same room.

"Jose, no! There's no way that I'm taking this room." I reply.

"And why not? I want for you to have this one." He replies. 

"This is the biggest room in the house. There's no way I'm taking this one. It's already enough that you're giving my a place to stay. Please, let me take one of the smaller rooms." I say.

"Nope." He says. "You're taking this one. I want for you to have this one, Nat." He says. "Mom and Dad would want for you to have it too." 

"God, you know that always gets me." I sigh.

"I know. That's why I always pull the dead parents card." He smiles. "It's a done deal, kid. I'll help you move in. It's a new bed frame and mattress. I changed everything out in all of the rooms. There's a tv here and a dresser. I cleaned out all of their stuff and moved it into storage. I was thinking that you could get your own comforter, just because I have no idea what you'll want. That's all you."

"Yeah, for sure." I smile.

"I know it's no luxury condo in Downtown La or a ten million dollar home in Calabasas....but it's home." He replies.

"It's perfect, Jose. I love it." I say. "You're the best. There's no way I can ever repay you for this."

"You never have to repay me. For anything." He replies.

I take a seat on the bed and feel the soft fabric of the sheets underneath my fingers. 

"I still have another round of stuff that I need to get from the apartment." I mutter.

"When does Grayson get home?" He asks.

"Probably like...five-ish." I mutter.

"So we have time." He replies. "Come on, let's get your stuff out of your car and at least into the house. Then, we'll go get the rest of it before he gets back."

"Thank you." I whisper in reply.

"You stay here. I'll go grab it. Be right back." He says, giving my back a supportive pat.