Chapter 7: Shane

1 Year Later.

Shane's POV

"Oh my God." Grayson says, looking at the email. "Shane!" 

"What?" I ask, wiping the spilled coffee off of my suit jacket.

"Look." He says, turning his laptop screen towards me.

I look down and see the letters on the screen before my eyes go wide.

There is absolutely no way that I am seeing this correctly.

"What the fuck." I mutter, pulling the screen closer to my face. "This is after the legal fees?"

"Yes." He nods. "What the hell are we going to do?"

"What the hell are we going to buy is more so the question we should be asking." I mutter to myself. 

"I don't even know what to do with that much money." He says.

"I....when do we..."

"That was deposited today." He explains.

"Hold on."

"We're like...rich now." He says more to himself than to me.

"Oh my God." I mutter, taking a seat at one of the chairs. "This is...why am I in shock right now?" I laugh.

"Same." He mutters, closing the laptop and letting out a small laugh of his own. "I really can't believe that we did it."

"I can't believe that they bought it." I say. "I mean, yeah. It was a great app. Don't get me wrong. But...I really thought we butchered that pitch meeting." I laugh.

"Well." He says. "It was everything that came along with that one app as well. But I couldn't do it without you."

"You couldn't do it without me? I couldn't do it without you."

When Grayson told me about the app he was working on, I was sure that there had already been a million already made just like it. But when he came to me asking me to be his partner in all of this and to help him sell it, I went ahead and did it. No questions asks. He was all in, and I was just the face to help it sell. My public speaking skills are high where he is better at quite literally everything else. He created the powerpoint, the pitch highlight points, the annual profit, and ultimately- the deal that sold it.

GRIP- the tech company that Grayson created and named, is now on it's way to being on the Fortune 500 list. The investors bought our pitch idea- and every single investor we brought it to wanted in on it. It started with a bidding war between two candidates- ending with more money in our pockets than we now know what to do with.

"I have to make a call." I say, getting out of the seat and walking into the hallway.

I go to the one person that I am most excited to tell everything to.

"Hello?" Sofia's voice answers after the second ring.

"Hi, I think I'm in shock right now." I laugh. "Sorry. Are you in class right now?"

"No, I'm just in the Student Union." She replies. "You're scaring me, though. Is everything okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah." I laugh. "Everything is great."

"Okay..." She says slowly. "Are you sure?"

"Sofie, the investors took the deal." I say, still not believing it.

"Wait, what?" She exclaims. "Shut the fuck up!" 

"I'm not kidding." I laugh. "But when Grayson tells you guys, you have to pretend to be surprised."