31

Grayson's POV

"Jose, we're having dinner before Sofia and Shane have to leave for the airport. You're more than welcomed to stay. I made plenty of food." I tell the man who has been taking care of Natalia for months now.

Do I want for the guy to be here? No. Fuck no. However, he has given up a huge part of his life to become a part of hers. I can't deny that. He's been more of a man that I've been.

He's not going to be doing this for long, though. Not now. 

"Yeah. Thanks, man." Jose says, offering me a tight smile.

"Okay. Cool. Great." Natalia says, trying to keep the smile on her face. She looks like she's uncomfortable. Her brow is furrowed as we all walk towards the house.

"Jose, can we talk for a minute?" She asks before we get inside.

"Si." He nods, staying back a few feet.

"I'm going to go and see Shane. I'll see you inside." I say, letting go of her waist that I just had my arm around. 

"Okay. We'll be quick." She smiles.

I walk inside quickly, but not before stealing a quick glance at the two. Natalia is speaking to him in what looks like uncertainty. She looks nervous. He begins exclaiming something, gesturing  towards the house, but not once looking to see if I was staring.

"Okay, what the fuck is that about?" Shane asks, peeking out of the window that I have my eyes glued on.

"Jose stopped to see her." I mutter, watching to make sure he doesn't say anything to upset her.

"Why?" He asks, a scowl on his face.

"He said that she wasn't replying to any of his messages." I mutter, rolling my eyes in annoyance. "Sorry, man. I know this was supposed to just be a family and friends thing. I just didn't want to kick him out and cause a scene."

"You know I don't care about any of that." He replies, waving me off.

"I think I've changed my mind." I admit.

"About what?" He asks.

"Being a Father." I mutter.

"Really?" He asks, hope in his voice. "How so?"

"I think I want to be one." I shrug. "I don't know...maybe I could even be good at it."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you, man." Shane smiles. "You're going to be great." 

"I just want her back. Here. With me. Not with him. I don't want for her to be with him."

"Does he want to be with her?" He asks.

"Look at them." I say, nodding towards the two outside. "Of course he does."

"Well...what do you think Natalia's going to say?"

"I think she'll pick me." I admit. 

"I do too." He smiles. "Well, I'm proud of you. When are you going to talk to her about it?" 

"Later tonight, probably. I definitely want to talk about it before she leaves."

"You've got this, man." He assures me, patting my back in support. "Now stop stalking those two and come help me with dinner. Sofia is already going for the wine." 

"Don't you guys have a plane to catch?" I laugh.

"That's what I tried telling her." He scoffs in reply. 

As we go inside and begin grabbing out plates, I wait for Natalia before eating. I got all of her favorite things. As I look down at the table, I try and figure out where the seating arrangement will be. I want for Natalia to be next to me. There's no debate in that. If I were a real dick, I would put Jose on the opposite end of the table. I can't do that, though.