41

Jose's POV
"Nat? I need you to tell me that you're okay." I say, brushing her hair out of her face.

"I'm fine." She mutters, breathing in and out slowly.

"I'm calling your Dad." I say, pulling my phone out.

"I'm fine!" She groans, rolling over to face away from me.

"You're not fine. You just had a fucking seizure." I reply. "I'm supposed to leave for Tennessee in like...two days."

"A Mild one." She replies, reminding me for the fifteenth time. "Plus, I told you that I'll be fine. I have the alarm set so if I do have a seizure, Mami and Papi will be notified immediately. They don't live too far away. I'll be fine." 

"It doesn't matter. You're pregnant and you just had a seizure." I reply. "You need to go to the doctor. Now. And I need to cancel this trip." 

"I'm fine, Jose. When i'm stressed out it's normal for me to have one. It wasn't a Grand Mal. It was more of a panic attack if anything. You're not cancelling your internship. It's just two weeks. You'll be fine. I'll be fine. It will all be fine." 

"No. It was a seizure." I reply. "I'm staying here."

"Jose. I have a headache. Will you please just...not." She mutters, pulling the blankets up to her chin.

"I'm calling Dr.Liles." I say. "I'm sorry, Nat. I just want to make sure everything is okay. I know i'm annoying you but I love you and i'm worried."

"Fine." She mutters, staring at the wall ahead.

I dial Dr.Liles and wait for her to answer with a great impatience.

"This is Karina Liles." I hear the voice speak into the phone.

"Hey, Dr.Liles. This is Jose Ramirez. I'm with Natalia Zamora right now." I explain.

"Ahh, yes. How are you doing today?" She asks.

"Well...not too good. Uhh, Natalia had a seizure." 

"A seizure?" She asks, sounding a bit more alert. "Have you gone to the emergency room?"

"No." I sigh. "It wasn't a Grand Mal. It was just a small one. You know, numbness in face and hands. Some heavy breathing, rapid blinking...but she stayed conscious and it didn't last any longer for a few seconds. Maybe a minute-max." I explain.

"Is she conscious right now?" She asks.

"Yes." I say. "I was calling you because I don't know if she needs to go ahead and go to the doctor or not. I mean, she's fine right now. I'm just not sure. Because of the baby and everything, you know?"

"Yes, for sure." She replies. "As long as she didn't lose consciousness, she should be fine. As long as she doesn't have another one, she will be fine. Especially since this seizure was a mild one. However, if she has another one, she will need to come in and be monitored for awhile. If she feels any worse, she'll need to come in. Okay?" She explains in a calm voice.

"Okay." I sigh. "You're sure?" 

"Yes." She replies. "I have my phone on me at all times. I'll save this number for future reference. Just keep any eye on her. Make sure she stays hydrated and doesn't do anything to stress her out. The body goes through a lot of changes during pregnancy. Hormonal, physical, and psychological. This can contribute to seizures, especially in women with epilepsy. So just check in on her and make sure she's comfortable. It'll be okay, though." She assures me.

"Okay, okay." I exhale in reply. "Thanks." 

"Anytime. Again, call me if you need anything at all." She adds.