13

Natalia's POV

"Nat?" I hear him call into the quiet space as soon as he walks through the door.

"In here." I choke up through my sobs.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks, rushing to my side quickly. "Are you okay? Feeling alright?" He asks, pressing a hand against my forehead.

"You're going to hate me." I say, hugging my knees to my chest.

"I could never hate you." He assures me. "Come on, what's going on? Tell me." He whispers softly.

I'm so sorry." I cry, burying my head in my knees.

"Sorry about what? I'm sure whatever is going on, we'll make it through. Come on. Tell me." He urges.

"I'm pregnant." I choke out.

He is silent and pulls away from me quickly, jumping back up from his spot on the bed and standing over me. The silence is killing me with every second that passes. 

"Aren't you going to say something?" I huff in annoyance, wiping the tears from my cheeks. 

"I...we...you can't be. No." He says, shaking his head in denial.

"I am, Grayson." I repeat.

"No. You can't be." He repeats to me, pacing nervously around the bedroom.

"Gray." I say. He turns suddenly and looks down at me with scared eyes.

"Get rid of it." He says immediately.

"What?" I ask in a whisper, feeling my heart break.

"We can get you an abortion now and we won't have to worry about anything later. If we do it now, we'll be fine! It's early." He tells me in almost a relieved tone.

"We cant just get an abortion, Grayson." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because this is our baby!" I exclaim, speaking as though this should be obvious.

"No. No, don't say that." He says, shaking his head in denial.

"It. Is. Our. Baby." I repeat.

"Stop!" He yells.

"We can't just get rid of the baby!"

"God, stop calling it that!" He yells.

"What? A baby? That's what it is, Grayson!" I exclaim.

"No. No, it's not. It's nothing but...cells. That's it. It's just a lump of cells right now. It's too early to call it anything. Don't get attached to this, Natalia. We need to get rid of it. I will make you an appointment and I will go with you. I will pay for everything. You don't need to worry about that."

"I'm not getting a fucking abortion!" I yell.

"We can't have a baby, Nat." He says softly.

"Yes we clearly can, because we are."

"No." He repeats. "We need to get rid of it. I'm sorry, but we have to."

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you not want to have a baby with me? You say that you love me, but the thought of starting a family with me is just so terrible." I say, sadness laced in my tone.

"No, I don't want to have a baby at all."

How can you be so selfish?" I yell.

"I'm being selfish? No, i'm not." He replies out with equal anger.