Chapter15:DAY-67

09/08/18

THURSDAY

NOAH

Ms. Leena, our English teacher, entered the class anf immediately greeted us. "Good evening, class."

"Good evening, ma'am," the whole class wished back.

"So students, you all have to do a group assignment for your internal marks," she informs, and I roll my eyes.

Harry raises his hand, "Ma'am, can we make the groups?" the whole class chuckles, knowing who he wanted to be his partner.

"No, I will choose the group this time," she replied. The whole class groaned, since they wanted to be with their friends. Ms. Leena ignored everyone's complaint and continued giving instructions, "I will give each group a question and you have to research on it for answers."

Ms. Leena took out a paper and started assigning groups. "Jana, Lyra, and Noah  is in the group 1,"

"Noah," Serah immediately whispered behind me. I turn back, she grins at me teasingly, "Your sweetheart Lyra is with you always and forever." I smirk and turn aroundtofaceMs. Leena.

"Members of group 2 include Serah, Alex, and George" once we heard that Harry and I immediately turn back to see Serah's expression, she is like 'me and Alex? Not going to happen' kind of look.

"Ma'am, I don't want to be in this group," Serah said.

"I'm not changing groups according to your interests," Ms. Leena retorted.

Serah groans while Harry smirks and I laugh, "Serah, your sweetheart Alex is with you. Be happy dude," I say to tease her in the same way she did, but she just rolls her eyes, clearly agitated.

"Now that all of you have assigned groups, sit with your group members for discussion" Ms. Leena ordered.

Lyra quickly came over and sat next to me while Jana sat next to her. When I turned back, I see Serah sitting between Alex and George, his best friend. I notice Harry between 2 girls and I guess he already started his flirting. I think everyone, except Serah, is okay with their teammates.

"Okay, I will tell the topic for each group. You can note it down. Afterwards, I will explain what you have to do." Ms. Leena paused to let us get settled.  Once we all settled, she started going around to tell us our topic. "Group 1, your topic is 'Does everything happens for a reason?' Group 2 'Do you think soul mates exist?', for group 3..." and then she continued with the topic.

After assigning topics, she started explaining the assignment in more detail. "I want each group to research on your topic and have to submit the written assignment after a week"

"I'm screwed," Serah mumbled. "Don't worry, we can do it together" Alex responded, I'm surprised, this is for the first time they had a peaceful conversation.

Lyra raises her hand, getting Ms. Leena's attention.  "Ma'am, can we go to the library to research?"  Jana and I exchange glances, we didn't know Lyra is so interested in an assignment.

"Yes, you may go." the three of us got up to leave, I turn to face Serah, "Coming?" I ask.

"What for? I don't believe in soul mates" she said as she looked at Alex with hatred and then we three walk out of the class.

"Noah, do you think 'Does everything happens for a reason?" Lyra asked me while we were looking for books related to the topic in the library.

"No, I don't think everything happens for a reason," I reply honestly, thinking about Jenny-Alex incident.