DMWNT 4

DMWNT 4: Let the games begin

Trece

"S-She's your girlfriend? Kailan pa?"

Exactly the same question in my mind right now. Natutukso akong lingunin ang lalaking nasa likod ko but I decided against it. I seem to be caught up in a sick game. The question is whose game?

"None of your business, Cooper." Nanatili ang braso sa balikat ko. "Don't you dare lay your filthy hands on her. I'm the only one allowed to touch her. Get it?"

Walang sumagot. Nagsiiwas ng tingin ang ibang lalaki at babae na sangkot sa gulo kanina.

"I said, do you get it?" His voice was laced with a threatening tone this time.

There was a chorused answer. Napipilitan lamang ang mga ito na sumagot. These were the students who were willing to smash other's faces. Malamang ay suntok sa pride nila na matrato ng ganito. For them to act like tamed puppies, the one in front of them have to be some sort of Alpha.

"What're y'all waiting for? Scoot off you mothefuckers." Boses iyon ng ibang lalaki. Not the one with his arm on me.

So he's not alone. If the Kings have about ten members, then these Aces guys must be around that number too.

Mabilis na nagsialisan ang mga ito.  The blonde girl who was called Lily Cooper walked away as well. Taas noo, at tuwid na tuwid ang likod itong umalis.

Nakaramdam ako ng dismaya nang makita ang iniwanan ng mga ito. Tila dinaanan ng bagyo ang library. And the poor books.

"We're done here. Let's go play Pusoy Dos."

Mabilis akong humarap sa pinanggalingan ng boses na iyon. Kanina ko pa talaga gustong makita ang mukha ng lalaking bigla na lang umakbay at umako sa akin na nobya niya.

There were five of them. Likod na lamang nila ang nakikita ko dahil nagsisimula na ang mga ito na umalis.

Hindi ko masabi kung sino sa kanila ang umakbay sa akin.

"Hey," I called out after them.

Halos sabay-sabay silang lumingon sa akin. If I were a fan of boy bands I would have whistled, or screamed, or fainted upon seeing their profiles.

The two on the left side looks wholesome, neat and clean cut; the other two on the right side both look like models for a bad boy sort of magazine, complete with the piercings and leather jackets. I could immediately tell that the guy on the right side with the chain tattoos visible from his collar bones was the one who was cussing earlier.  I'm not sure what to make of the guy in the middle. He looks... Hm. His longish hair was swept back as if casually, sharp eyes that could have belonged to a dangerous man but doesn't quite go well with his rather bowed pouty lips. How irregular.

I am curious.

"Who was it?"

Nagkatinginan ang mga ito at halos sabay na tinuro ng apat na nasa gilid ang lalaking nasa gitna.

"Why would you do that?" I looked at him directly in the eyes.

Kahit nasa kanya ang atensyon ko ay hindi lingid sa kaalaman ko ang tinging pinupukol sa akin ng natitirang apat na lalaki. Their eyes are calculative. As if trying to assess my value.

The guy, who I remembered was called Cas, twitched his lips as if in thought. Then he just grinned boyishly. "I dunno. Maybe because you look cute in that uniform?"

Thump. Something undesirable stirred inside me.

"Anyway, see 'ya around blondie." He waved then ran after his group who had went ahead of him.